ABS sensor broken off inside hub assembly??

• Good Afternoon All,
    I’m driving a 2016 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited hard top and the ABS, TCS and check engine lights came on while bringing it to DE from TX. The dealership said it’s the front right ABS sensor. Ok easy enough. I get the wheel off, get the rotor (with much persuasion from a hammer and jack) and brakes off and pull the sensor out. Half of the sensor has apparently fallen into the hub! I don’t know what to do. It’s loose inside the hub and is only visible if you very jerkily spin the hub around to see it through the abs sensor hole. The hub worked fine for 1500 miles driving here so evidently it isn’t causing any immediate issues. But obviously I can’t put in a new sensor without getting this out. I don’t have the stuff to either disassemble and repack the hub. Or to take the hub off. If I buy the parts is there anyone that could help me handle this? My little 1/2 drive ratchet can’t get that axle nut off and I only have an sae impact set not a metric. I don’t really have the cash to live the real Jeep life right this moment and just want to be able to drive this thing around daily. I live in Camden and don’t want to drive it too far,

• u either have to drill a hole into the sensor and use an easyout to pull the broken part out ot buy an entire hub bearing assembly. It will come with a new sensor. U can not take the assembly apart.

• I went ahead and had someone help me replace the hub and put in the new ABS cable. But the TCS and ABS lights won’t go off? The Brake light went off and the speedometer is working properly now. Any advice on how to reset the ABs system? Or should I bring it in somewhere?

• i would try puling the battery cable for about 20min and reconnect. See if it resets the system. If it doesnt u still have a fault that needs to be diagnosed.

• I appreciate the help trying to diagnose this. I’d hate to pay the dealership to diagnose this, the vehicle drives well and doesn’t appear to have major issues. The light at first only came on when backing up and cutting the wheel all the way. When I was driving the car up from Texas it came on permanently when I presume the sensor physically broke off inside the hub. I’ve centered the wheel and driven it for a while, I’ll unplug the battery overnight when I get home. Does anyone have any experience with JScan and can recommend an inexpensive OBD for it?

• i use a better autel scaner but their r a ton to choose from.

If u cant figure it out u can go to a regular shop u dont need a dealer. I can recommed a few in wilmington but not sure of your local.

• I ignored it because the lights mysteriously went off and the brakes stopped “fluttering” when you start the car so I thought it was all good. They’re back on today though lol! I appreciate you trying to help. I’m waiting on an OBD to come in and the car drives fine besides this odd issue. Thanks and take care!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!