Want to change out of stock wheels and tires

• so interestingly enough, i measured my stock tires and was 31.25" (call it 31.5 when new probably). Adding the 285/70'R17's at 32.8, will probably net me .75" in height. If I can find Rubicon springs 60/61 or 61/62 for the front and 90/91 or 91/92 for the rear, i will probably gain about 1.5-1.75" in height, which I think will be perfect for the 33" tires I'm putting on. Won't look too high, and give me the look that I like.

I am kicking the idea of getting lower control arms from a mopar lift that are longer as well to keep the caster close to what it is now.

Lots of thinking about this, and thinking about that, only to stay put....but one thing remained the same, i like the look of a lifted jeep lol.

• that is a couple things. first, you are actually going farther than your jeep thinks it is, so your mileage didn't really drop by that much (just a bit less) unless you re-programed it. second, most of the loss of mpg is due to weight of the heavier tire (thicker/heavier/tougher construction), and a more aggressive tread pattern.

• yeah, i did not think about that. In my mind the tire is about 3/4" bigger than the stock one, same load (C) and yes a significant weight difference (I wanna say ~65 to ~90 lbs).

I did not re-flash it yet, i'm still thinking about getting the AEV spacer lift with the pro-cal unit to reflash it for the tire size. I don't think it'd look that weird after seeing a few pictures of similar setups.

I have toyed with re-gearing to 4.10's but if I get the AEV 2" lift, I can run 35's (well 315/70) and would 100% regear to 4.56 so I don't really want to go through that twice. I'm curious if reflashing with the pro-cal will set the shift points back and i should gain back a little performance.

• Picked up the AEV spacer kit, probably will hook up the pro-cal snap today and adjust my speedo for the new tires. Also got the geometry correction brackets being delivered today.

@astape - definitely wanna get this on when it's good for you, and like I said, definitely wanna help out. In theory, most folks say this shouldn't take but a few hours to put on. Feel free to text me and we'll do this! (302) 383-2207

Paul

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!