Any Jeep mechanics here?

• I know I know, we’re all Jeep mechanics to some degree. I just thought that title would be funny.
    What I mean by it is is anyone here employed as a mechanic at a new Jeep dealership with access to dealer diag info etc.
    I recently bought a 2017 grand Cherokee overland 5.7. It was great at first but not so much anymore. It’s still got the basic powertrain warranty but full warranty expired.
    All the problems are electrical. Remote start works maybe 5% of the time. Wouldn’t remember heated seats were on between starts. Those things are tolerable. But then I drove to Wilmington Sunday, on the way home speakers cutting out over and over, instrument cluster went black a few times, passenger window went down by itself probably 7 times.
    Anyone have any knowledge about these things?

• I’ve taken it to Holden dodge for the remote start issue. They said my key fob was no good and car battery no good. Had them program me a new key fob and I put a battery in it (they wanted about $330). That helped for a day or two and problems came back. New battery reading low.
    I was able to use my friends scan tool and it had quite a few codes related to various modules like radio, doors, liftgate, headlights. I cleared them and only the radio code came back which is that it lost communication with heated seat module.
    I also tested for a draw on the battery and I have one that’s about 3.4 amps which is pretty high. I tested the fuse block under the hood and found nothing there, gonna look further into that today.
    sorry these posts are so long, just trying to give all the information I can in case it may rattle something in someone’s brain.

• hello. My limited experience with lift kits and dealer tryimg to screw me lead me to Getfrogged in Millsboro.
    Dave and Kris. Kris is a jeep geek and knew his stuff. Might be worth a shot.
    Astape was recommended .. On jeep forum... I attempted to contact with no reply.

• hello. My limited experience with lift kits and dealer tryimg to screw me lead me to Getfrogged in Millsboro.
    Dave and Kris. Kris is a jeep geek and knew his stuff. Might be worth a shot.
    Astape was recommended .. On jeep forum... I attempted to contact with no reply.

im right here, i check this forum almost every day..

I do not have the computer monitors to help the op's issue

• sorry. That didnt come out correctly. I received a phone number and used that. I did not try to contact on the forum.
    The main point was Astape was recommended to me if i needed work or advice.

• np, sorry i didnt get back to u, but thats a little odd for me.

Hit me up here if u need something. At least i can lm u my number so u know its correct.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!