Re gear the JT

• Im starting down the path of regearing my jt and had a couple questions for folks who have done it.

So far i know im doing dana 4.56’s and I intend to buy the master kit (suggested on another forum)

my questions are

does anyone know a reliable shop in de to get the work done? Id like to start price shopping

what are some of the pit falls yall have run into that I should be aware of/ look out for?

Why am i regearing? Mpg sucks, truck feels sluggish in general, pulling my travel trailer id like to feel more in control of the power and not alwayd behind the 8 ball accelerating and pulling it up inclines. The stock 4.10’s arent bad i suppose...but there is better out there

2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)*SOLD*
    2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    DE tag : OIF 118
    Honk if you see me!

• what size tires are you running? If 35 or larger you may want to consider 4.88's. Also, MPG's will not improve much after regear.

Astape on this board has done a ton of gears and can probably help you out, shoot him a PM

• 285/75/17 for tire, not likely to go much bigger. Really looking for better towing performance. The mpg “shouldcome from the truck being able to 7th and 8th better while traveling at highway speeds. Going off s lot of other owners experience 4.56 seems to be the way to go. 4.88 are great but i wont really be doing any off roading other than the beach, and from what ive read the rpm range is a littl too high for my liking with daily driving.

Ive had him do work for me before, just didn’t want to pile it on him haha last time I messaged he said he was pretty swamped.

2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    Honk if you see me!

• 285/75/17 for tire, not likely to go much bigger. Really looking for better towing performance. The mpg “shouldcome from the truck being able to 7th and 8th better while traveling at highway speeds. Going off s lot of other owners experience 4.56 seems to be the way to go. 4.88 are great but i wont really be doing any off roading other than the beach, and from what ive read the rpm range is a littl too high for my liking with daily driving.

Ive had him do work for me before, just didn’t want to pile it on him haha last time I messaged he said he was pretty swamped.

285 is stock on the rubicon and they only come with 4.10, may re consider your choice. 4.56 will be too much IMO

• Im open to any info, really just starting down the road of the regear.

from what ive read 4.56 would give more power for towing without over gearing. If memory serves with 33’s folks were seeing 2100k rpm in 8th and not having any issues.

What makes you think it would be an over gear?

2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    Honk if you see me!

• <p>
    </p>

i can help if u r not in a hurry. Probably would be no earlier then mid april right now.

Yea im in no rush brother. Haven’t gotten parts or anything and still beating around 4.56 vs 4.88

2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    Honk if you see me!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!