**TRAIL RIDE** Blue-Black March 20, 2021 at Rausch Creek

• **TRAIL REPORT**
    Another great day at Rausch Creek http://rc4x4.org! A chilly morning, but it warmed up into the mid-50s, a very nice day for wheeling. We hit the trails about 9:30 with nine (9!) Jeeps. I didn't take a roll call, but we had @Stafford in his long-arm TJ, @meeper in his TJ, @daddanelena in his TJ, @Down Hill Roller in his JK 2-door with @Buster Stewart riding shotgun, @YJDave in his YJ, Wayne's cuz in his JKU, "a guy Wayne picked up in the parking lot" in a JKU, @jrostocki (?), and me.

We started out on the East end down by the old office doing 3B (Blue), where it didn't take long for a certain YJ to flop over on its side. We winched it back on its wheels and took one of the Black climbs up to 3C, then 6 (Black), which ends up in back of the comp course. Then some of us went out K, across A to the C cut-across, turned left at the top and took the short-cut to Pole Line, crossed Pole Line and did 5 (Black) all the way over to 4, which leads to Yellow Jacket, by which time the rest of the group had caught up with us. I made it up Yellow Jacket this time on the second try thanks to some expert spotting from Meeper. We finished up 4 and found our way over to Tatas, where some of us did the first Black loop, but everybody bailed on to S at the far end of Tatas, and a bunch of the newer guys headed back to the parking lot. Wayne got his shifter stuck in first gear so he had to head back to the trailer too.

By then it was about 2:00. The rest of us headed down to the far South end and did all three parts of Snakebite (Black and Purple). At one point I got my right rear up on a stump I didn't see and got it right up to the tipping point. I kind of squeaked out "help" and, fortunately, Meeper and his shotgun rider were right behind me. They jumped out and hung on my right side 'til I could steer driver and roll forward off the stump!

We then did Camel Back, which is always a lot of fun, and went down into the Quarry, where there was still some snow on the ground. By then it was 4:00, but we decided to do that "one last trail"--which is sometimes fatal, but worked out real well this time. We did Boot Hill, or part of it, where we climbed around on some big rocks for a while--Meeper went up and down two or three times on the Red-ist parts--before heading back to the parking lot.

It was already 5:30 by the time we left the park. I think I was the only one who skipped the wings at O'Neal's in Pine Grove (they do have the best wings I ever tasted), so you'll have to get the culinary report from someone else. At least I got the old CJ home by dark (thank you daylight savings time). Very little trail damage: I smacked a front hub somewhere on Snakebite and Stafford put a heinous scratch on one of the tailgate hinges on Meeper's otherwise pristine white TJ.

Overall, a great day with good weather, lots of challenging trails, and a good group of friends and Jeep people. I think the new guys enjoyed it and maybe some of them got the bug and will be out there again. Thanks go out to our president, @Stafford, and especially to @meeper for getting me up Yellow Jacket and keeping me upright on Snakebite.

Hope to see everyone next time--I'm looking at April 24....

• LOL, when we parked after snakebite Geoff pulled so close (smart ass) the hose clamp on his "stinger" scratched my immaculate tailgate hinge

Wings... well someone didnt check and they are not open saturdays anymore, very sad.

• LOL, when we parked after snakebite Geoff pulled so close (smart ass) the hose clamp on his "stinger" scratched my immaculate tailgate hinge

Wings... well someone didnt check and they are not open saturdays anymore, very sad.

You probably did something to deserve me parking right on your @$$ but I can't remember what it was. If not it's future payment for something. Either way I did it for the lulz. :)

I'm still pissed at O'Neals and thinking about driving up Thursday night for wings. 3+ hours round trip just to get wings isn't the sign of an addiction, right? I can quit anytime.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!