Hello, MelBcon is here!!!

• Hello, this is Melbcon (melford + Rubicon = Melbcon). First Jeep, 2021 Unlimited JL Rubicon. Wife would not let me get the boat so we (she) settle for the jeep but, the boat is still on bucket list!!!. Anyhow , being new to jeeps brand, I am ready !!! I figure the hardest part is over.... I have the jeep! now I need to know where the trails are and by this time next summer, I should be Overlanding or be lost somewhere for the weekend. lol.... so this is my introduction and I am sticking with it! look forward to this summer and will welcome any recommendations on places I can lower the blood press ...I mean tire pressure and enjoy my rig. Also , I am not ready to do any mods yet but will have a better feel for my jeep by next summer. Melbcon
    PS. I am in New Castle and is there trails in Lums pond area?

• Welcome! Only legal place in DE to go offroading is private property with permission or Muddy Nutz outside of Dover. I haven't been but I think it's just a few mud holes, not all that exciting if you asked me. Rausch Creek and AOAA are full blown offroad parks with several thousand acres each to play, they have plenty of stock friendly trails. Keep an eye out for our monthly trail rides. For better or worse, a lot of the club activity happens on facebook these days so join our group too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/delawarejeep

Lums pond is beautiful, hiking and mtb'ing only trails...not OHV.

• welcome! nice jeep. another place to get the jeep of pavement is the drive on surf fishing beaches. they sold out of permits for this year, but the state said they will be introducing an "off peak" surf fishing permit that you should still be able to get if you wanted. note, the permit is to allow you drive on access to fish, not joy ride on the beach. that said, many in the club do it, fish, and have fun on the beach together

• Welcome! Only legal place in DE to go offroading is private property with permission or Muddy Nutz outside of Dover. I haven't been but I think it's just a few mud holes, not all that exciting if you asked me. Rausch Creek and AOAA are full blown offroad parks with several thousand acres each to play, they have plenty of stock friendly trails. Keep an eye out for our monthly trail rides. For better or worse, a lot of the club activity happens on facebook these days so join our group too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/delawarejeep

Lums pond is beautiful, hiking and mtb'ing only trails...not OHV.

Thanks for the information. I look forward to exporing RC and AOAA. I will join the facebook group as well.

• welcome! nice jeep. another place to get the jeep of pavement is the drive on surf fishing beaches. they sold out of permits for this year, but the state said they will be introducing an "off peak" surf fishing permit that you should still be able to get if you wanted. note, the permit is to allow you drive on access to fish, not joy ride on the beach. that said, many in the club do it, fish, and have fun on the beach together

Thank you. Now you are talking my language " fishing". When is the best time to get the pass? Has any been to the beach in Maryland?

• these passes are only for DE State Park beaches. if you want the standard pass, you would have to try to get one as soon as they come out. they sold out in may last year, and i think in february this year. they go on sale in december for the next year, i think. the off peak passes are a new thing for this year since the standard ones sold out so fast and people were upset. i dont know if they have gone on sale yet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!