Steering noise/problem

• Hey guys I'm hoping someone can help me with a noise that's coming from Kelly's JK. We had the tires rotated and an alignment done and now we're getting a weird sensation when we make a right turn.

We grabbed a video and you can sort of see the steering wheel hang up when going back to straight there is also a clunk noise we have no idea what's causing this.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thankfully I didn't run over Kelly but you can hear the noise at the very end but yes she moved the camera so it's looking at the bumper instead of the important bits. :bang:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

@astape I think you know this Jeep better than anyone so maybe you have an idea. :help:

• i guess it could be a couple things but it sounds like the rim or tire is contacting something. I would take it back to the tire shop. Let them pull the wheel and inspect. There should be whitness marks. U can also jack that corner off the ground, turn hard right and spin the wheel and see if u feel anything hanging up.

• OK, I found it! The black bar with the scrapes on it is the JKS Front Adjustable Track Bar that Aaron installed when he did the lift. The bar with the nuts/bolts is the tie rod? Either way, I have an appointment with the alignment shop tomorrow to get it squared away. Thank you for the help!

• Thats the Drag Link, doesnt look like it can even come close unless its a bad picture...

the clamps are positioned wrong too. They opening on the clamp should be over center of the slit in the adjustment tube so it actually clamps good

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!