New year resolutions, aka Jeep mod plans

• What plans do you have for your Jeep this year?

I'm planning to add diff guards and hopefully a lift kit somewhere during the year. With the extra length of the Gladiator, breakover and departure angles are a little rough, so hoping to add a 3" lift. Although, that might start down the slippery slope with now having a lot of wheelwell space and needing to add bigger tires to help it look proportional. :hmm:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Big one for me this year...

My plan was to rebuild the Scrambler last summer. As many of you know, I was on my way home with a new fiberglass Scrambler body when disaster struck. I had a horrific accident. Since my crash, I have been laid up pretty bad with multiple medical issues, surgeries and rehab. My Grand Cherokee was massively totaled. The Scrambler body also took heavy damage but is repairable so I kept it. The other driver's insurance covered all the damages. My plan is to fix the damaged fiberglass body. (I have a guy for that.) I plan to throw a few wrenching parties to remove the Tub old and roll cage. Take my time and restore the frame, little by little make several mods along the way. Eventually install the new body, accessories and have a proper street / wheeler. This may take me a year or two since I cant work the way I used to. Wish me luck.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I guess you could say my goal this year is to get my tj through inspection. I picked it up a few months ago and had to do motor work, transfer case swap, and I just put a new to me front axle under it. The previous owner had a blast beating up the Jeep, can you blame them though.

@'deadfeat’ I’m sorry to hear about the accident, Not sure where you live but I would lend a hand at one of the wrench fests if you end up going that route.

• @'deadfeat’ I’m sorry to hear about the accident, Not sure where you live but I would lend a hand at one of the wrench fests if you end up going that route.

Cool, will definitely be posting. Be sure to join the online club meeting next week.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• I’m not a member yet, is the meeting open to guests.

-Matt

Absolutely. Of course if there is a vote, you have to refrain, otherwise join in.

• I've got a tub on (back) order from Qtec. While the tub's off I plan to clean up and check the frame, replace the brake and fuel lines and reseal the tcase and transmission. Aaron did my gears/axles last year so that's all set.

• I’m not a member yet, is the meeting open to guests.

-Matt

You are, the forum just hasn't been updated, yet. I'll vouch for you. ;)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!