Wrangler 392 or Bronco Raptor???

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What's your pick? The desert runner with a V6 turbo, or a rock crawler with a big V8?

My wife really likes the Bronco, and we might get one in a few years, but probably not the Raptor, just too much money. It's fun to dream though. ;) If we were going to drop that much money, then it would be a tough decision, the power output of the V8 is great for offroaders. Even though I'm a Mopar guy, Ford did a lot right with the new Bronco.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Being a early Bronco reservation holder, my 2 cents.

At this time the Raptor is only being offered to early reservation holders, starting at $70k, will easily top out at $90k, add the dealer mark up , $30-40k (no msrp guarantee on these... ), so out the door $100-130k no thanks. Its really crazy right now, Porter Ford has 3 Broncos all with a $20 mark up. Unless you are an early reservation holder, thats what your going to pay. Bronco First additions have been rolling off the action at $100k. Thats almost $40k over MSRP! If I wasn't getting mine at MSRP, I would be driving a Gladiator right now.

Not sure what Dealer mark ups Jeep is doing, but $75-90k for a Rubi 392 . Sounds like you would be way better off buying a JL sport, swapping in a Hemi and roll in some nice built axles.

People dont think about this but, if you buy a vehicle over MSRP, everything over the price is out of pocket before financing. Also, don't expect your insurance company to care that you over paid for a truck if it gets totaled. They will give you book value. The exception is if someone totaled it when it was parked. Then replacement cost go into effect.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• I would never pay over MSRP. Too many Jeep dealers out there still selling Wranglers/Gladiators for invoice or less. You might have to take a road trip, but it's worth it. By the time we're ready to dump her car for a JL or Bronco, I'm hopeful that the supply chain is back to normal and the insane markups are long gone.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I would never pay over MSRP. Too many Jeep dealers out there still selling Wranglers/Gladiators for invoice or less. You might have to take a road trip, but it's worth it. By the time we're ready to dump her car for a JL or Bronco, I'm hopeful that the supply chain is back to normal and the insane markups are long gone.

Already the Broncos are constrained until 2023. As more hit the road, demand is expected to climb. Ford has a new cash cow.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• neither. assuming you will be around $80-100k on one of them, just build a TJ or JK for $50k. it would be the baddest thing around and still save you enough money to buy a relatively nice daily driver. these new vehicle prices are literally just plain stupid...

if i were to be gifted one and had to keep it, probably the jeep. i just really like gas v8s

• What a waste. Are they cool yes. Would I spend that much on a vehicle (if I had it) and then use it as it was intended? Hell no. If I had to pick between Jeep and bronco in any generation for that kind of money I’d go with with a fully restored resto mod 60’s square body bronco. They are just plain cool. New vehicle prices are just plain stupid. I’ll stick with the old stuff I’ve got.

• My dealer offered me his Raptor allocation. Had to go to an existing reservation holder. With dealer markup, taxes a and fees , it would have been over $100k. That said I probably could have flipped it for and extra $20-40k. Maybe more. But I decided to stick with my loaded Badlands at MSRP at 2021 prices.

• I'd go with the 392. 1. Because I love the power of that engine, and 2. Because the Bronco is still too new. As much as I love the look I would wait a year or so to see what issues they have.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!