New to Jeeps and off-roading

• Thanks for putting the club together!

I recently purchased a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon after owning full size trucks for most of my life. I am married and have 4 kids so we are working on figuring out how to fit in some off-roading while we are still in Delaware. We plan on purchasing a side by side in the future to get enough seats for everyone as we go adventuring.

My wife and I love camping but with small children we have primarily "glamped" in campers we towed. We started with a bumper pull and eventually went full timed in a 5th wheel for a year and a half. After doing the massive 5th wheel thing we both decided we wanted to go the overland route to mix things up and get back to our roots of tent camping.

It would be great to go in a group with people who can show us the ropes and maybe have an extra seatbelt so we can bring the whole crew.

So far I have swapped out the tires to 35" MTs and plan on upgrading the bumper and adding a winch. Eventually we aim to have an overland rig.

I think that about wraps it up. We are looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Thanks!

Josh

New facelift and haircut!

• welcome. find the group on FB. there is an official page and a group page. there is more traffic on those than on this forum. we try to do a group ride every month and there is almost always someone with an extra seat

• Welcome,

There is a Meet and Greet Sunday, March 13⋅11:00am – 1:00pm , @ Wawa, 200 East St, Camden, DE 19934, USA Come on out.

Steve Dey

DEJA Pres

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Josh, It was great to meet you and your family at the meet and greet. Glad you made it out and thank you for your service !

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Welcome!

Good to meet you last Sunday. Definitely hit us up for a trail ride at AOAA for your first ride. The park has a camp ground attached to the parking lot.

Trailhead Campground

Also near by is a property called Kozey Cabins, that would be perfect for your family to stay in and are very cost effective.

Kosey Kabins
    koseykabins.com

Look forward to seeing you on the trails. I live in Felton, if your near by and want to go over what a wheeling weekend with DEJA looks like hit me up.

302 841 1416

• We do now lol.

We needed the seatbelts was our excuse ;)

She liked my Gladiator and went and found a good deal on a JK she liked and here we are. Honestly it is a little less crazy than it sounds as we have been looking at overlanding/car camping like this for a while.

After getting off the beach at Henlopen I think her's is angry...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!