Opinions on what this is worth?

• Just curious what everyone’s opinion is on how much this Cherokee/wagoneer is worth. I don’t have a number myself but I can say it’s less than the $8500 asking price. But that might just be because I really want I and don’t have $8500 so I think it’s worth less haha.

1989 Jeep Wagoneer - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive...
    Super rare 1989 Jeep Wagoneer with only 108,000 miles. 4.0 automatic with 4x4. Lot of work to get it to where it is now. I have original window sticker and…
    philadelphia.craigslist.org

• YJpotter91

Changed the title of the thread from “What’s this worth?” to “Opinions on what this is worth?”.
  • Yes, because it's from Philly. As far as what it's worth, I'm not familiar with those models, so I should've posted. My personal experience, and from friends, Urban areas vehicles tend to be subject to fender benders, stop and go driving, and heavy amounts of road salts around those areas. I've seen vehicles with low miles that are total rust buckets.

• Looks like a fair price... They can sell pretty high. Personally, I think it's pretty ugly, hate the stacked square lights. Its lIke an bad accident you cant turn away from. It is a Unicorn for sure. I would fully check the floors and uni body for rot. Guessing its carbureted or at best a throttle body. That can easily be fixed.

The Jeep Cherokee Wagoneer Limited Is a Wood-Paneled Throwback to the 1980s
    To say the Jeep Cherokee XJ is a popular SUV is almost an understatement. It was the first SUV to switch from body-on-frame to unibody construction. But
    www.motorbiscuit.com

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Yes, because it's from Philly. As far as what it's worth, I'm not familiar with those models, so I should've posted. My personal experience, and from friends, Urban areas vehicles tend to be subject to fender benders, stop and go driving, and heavy amounts of road salts around those areas. I've seen vehicles with low miles that are total rust buckets.

Gotcha. You have a good point about all of those things

• Prices for everything are up. If it's tagged, seems to run well (give it a good shake down run), and has mechanics record of work done over the years then I could see $7500 for the high.. But look under and look for rust, scrapes from possible mudding or goofing off, and of course rust.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I would not pay 8500 for that😊

Seems like none of us would that’s why I was wondering what people would be willing to pay.

In my mind it’s worth $4500 because also in my mind a solid xj is worth $3500 so we’ll add $1000 for the rare factor.

However, according to the market a solid xj is worth a whole lot more than $3500 so maybe to the right person this wagoneer is worth $8500. I dunno, in the picture the paint looks pretty bad especially on the roof, I’d at least want fresh paint for 8500

• I just sold a 2008 VW bug with a salvage title for $4200 after dumping $2000 into it to get the engine light to go out. Also needed another $900 repair for something. The car was pretty much spotless, had heated leather seats, and looked great. Had people lining up to look at it. Sold it in a weekend.

The used car market is UP.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!