Xj cooling system flush

• I have flushed the cooling system in my 97 with a water hose many times and it’s still pretty bad in my opinion. I want to get some chemical cooling system cleaner and run through the system but I have a new radiator I need to put in.

My dilemma is do I use the cleaner with the old radiator still installed and clean something that’s going in the trash or do I install the new radiator and then clean the system which would result in breaking all that stuff up and running it through my new radiator

• I'd use it on the old rad. You don't want it in the new rad. Then with the rad and hoses disconnected flush every way you can with the engine and heater core disconnected to flush them separately until it's clear.

• Dont forget to flush out the heater core. They tend to collect a lot of dirt since they are lower flow. Also use the heater hoses to burp air trapped in the engine.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• XJs can be finicky to get air out of the system as well. I found that jacking the front drivers side up as high as you can then filling the system helped get the air bubbles out of the system. Getting the radiator fill as high as possible is key.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!