AC Service

• On my 05 LJ,. The AC needs a good recharge. Any suggestions? Should I just get a home charger kit? See how that goes? Or any suggestions on a shop?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Technically speaking, you should go to a shop so they can pull a vacuum and then add the refrigerant. But, considering that you're more than likely going to need to replace some stuff in a year or two... might as well save the money and just get a kit from Advance Auto (right, TheDarkSide ?). If you want to get it taken care of properly now, check with an AC shop to diagnose why it's low. It leaked somewhere... if you're lucky, it'll just be a dry rotted o-ring, but more likely you'll have to swap out the evaporator or condenser. Hopefully not the evaporator, that's a PITA to replace.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thanks, I have an appointment with The Garage in Elkton. Jeff Celeste's shop. Should be all set. He's giving the club a discount, so I'll be posting a review.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• The Garage did a great job. AC is nice and cold, did a full evac/leak test/ new Schrader valves and recharged. Great deal and fast

• [quote='Erock','https://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?thread/44583-ac-service/&postID=364974#post364974']

jeeps have AC??

[/quote]

I know right , who knew. Kinda nice too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!