Quadratec backorders

• I ordered a tub through Qtec back in December and got monthly emails that it was backordered (which I knew and expected). I didn't get an email in April but I didn't get through to them to check on it until today.

They're apparently very shorthanded, took a while to get through to them via phone and chat but finally did and got a great guy on the phone who helped me out. He explained to me that Qtec changed their system over in March and all of the credit card information didn't populate to the new system so some orders, especially back orders were in limbo.

If you have something backordered from Qtec, especially if your order number starts with a P, you're going to have to get in touch with them. Just have a comfortable place to sit and maybe something else to do while you're on hold.

FYI, I initiated a chat request, which I had heard was faster, but got someone on the phone before I got an answer in chat. YMMV

• I'm trying to hold out for a steel tub. I'm leaving the Qtec tub on backorder because it was a good price for a steel tub, still keeping an eye out for a good CJ or YJ tub.

• I'm trying to hold out for a steel tub. I'm leaving the Qtec tub on backorder because it was a good price for a steel tub, still keeping an eye out for a good CJ or YJ tub.

I hear you, Glass has its drawbacks, but rust will never be one of them.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• [quote='MrJoop','https://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?thread/44593-quadratec-backorders/&postID=365064#post365064']

I'm trying to hold out for a steel tub. I'm leaving the Qtec tub on backorder because it was a good price for a steel tub, still keeping an eye out for a good CJ or YJ tub.

[/quote]

What's the price for good used Yj tubs these days? Used to be anywhere from $500-$1000.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

• I might know of a YJ tub, rust free, black, been off the road for probably 18 years, with hard top and doors to keep the weather out. I will reach out to the owner and see if he want to part the Jeep out, that was the plan 18 years ago. It's an 87 fwiw.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!