Tool / Recovery Gear Storage

• Picked up a set of Ridgid Mobile Tool Storage System for $100. Robust built well and great for transporting gear whether tools, overlanding/camping or whatever. Other systems are available from Milwaukee/Dewalt but at much higher prices 2-3X. HD has the rolling cart $50, mid box $30, small box $20. Interest perked up at these prices and stock is very limited. I will use the mid and small box to store recovery gear and supplies. Not sure what to do with the rolling cart but could be handy. Open to suggestions. Ridgid also has a cooler but waiting for a price drop.

Tool / Recovery Gear Storage

• Those will fit in the back of your Jeep?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Those will fit in the back of your Jeep?

Good point! I was “testing” the mid-size box in the Jeep to store recovery gear. My back seat has been out for a few years. I’m returning the large roller box and picked up the smaller 28” roller which can hold all my gear with room to spare. Posted the Ridgid deal for anyone interested.

• I've always liked using multiple canvas tool bags. One for each of the things you need and they take minimal space. Grab them at HF for a few bucks each. Easy to stuff in tight places.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Years ago a member, Blue Jay, had a tuffy security box in the back of his TJ. I can attest how well built Tuffy's are because he had locked something in it (the key?) and had to break it open. I seem to remember using a pry bar. Can't remember whether or not we got into it.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!