Doing lift need some help. ** LIFT COMPLETED ** Thanks!

• I have been working all week, after work and have some problems doing this lift. I have all the tools and air tools and everything that came with the lift. I will be working on it again this weekend Sat, and Sun, or till done starting at about 7am till dark. If there is anyone that has done lifts on Jeeps and can help this weekend 9/10 - 9/11 please call me at 302-367-4121. I live in New Castle County (Elsmere, DE).

This is a full 6" lift going onto a 2000 TJ

Thanks again for looking and maybe helping!

John Davis

• john,
    sorry i can't stop by and help - wish you would've let us know you were putting it on ahead of time :( anyways, what sort of problems are you running into? i can try to give you some pointers or tricks to make it go smoother.

brand of lift?
    sye?
    trackbars?

• [quote="quadna71"]john,
    sorry i can't stop by and help - wish you would've let us know you were putting it on ahead of time :( anyways, what sort of problems are you running into? i can try to give you some pointers or tricks to make it go smoother.

brand of lift? Rough Coutry X Series
    sye? NO
    trackbars? YES

I would have posted weeks ago, but my internet was down. Could not find a way to post this and try to keep a eye one the list. Thanks for trying to help. Well I am having problem removing the pitman arm, yes I do have a puller and still cant get it off. 2nd thing is one of the trackbarks I cant get off. I just need some help, if there is someone that can try to help that would be great!!

Thanks for trying to help

• hit the arm with a big hammer as you are putting pressure on it with the puller. Did you use P B Blaster on it?

when all else fails on the pitman arm removal
    you can take a grinder with a thin cut off wheel
    and cut through the strap part of the arm.
    this is the part that goes around the steering box post.
    :shrug: I am guessing you have a drop arm to replace it with.

On another note
    I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but with 6"
    of lift on a TJ I believe you are going to need a SYE.

Even a transfer case drop may not be enough to stop the vibrations.

• I do have a transfer drop, I will be doing a SYE later just not right now. Cash sort again :updown: I will try what you said to see if that works. I have put wd40 on it, no pb Blaster. Thanks for your help.

• I had to cut mine off too. It would not come off any other way. You might get some of the vibration out with adj. upper control arms. I think the vibration is going to be bad.

• i had 8" of lift on my jeep at one point - and still didn't need a dropped pitman arm. i'm not saying that you won't need one...but maybe just continue with the install and try it with the stock arm first?

not sure how you'll possibly get away with 6" springs without an sye. even a 1" transfer case drop kit is usually not enough to offset the vibes induced by 4" springs - not to mention 5" or 6". i'm hoping that it isn't your DD or you may be forced to deal with mad vibes until you get the sye. also, unchecked vibes over time will cause all your ujoints to slowly go bad and to create leaks at all the seals. transfercase output, main, and axle diff seals.

best way i found for getting your trackbar's upper mount free (front one) was to build a sort of "press" out of two sockets. pull the cotter pin from the castellated nut, but don't take the nut off quite yet. place a deep well socket over the nut/threaded section. make sure the socket fits easily over the threaded section but sits atop the nut. then just select another socket that will wedge tightly between the top of the deep well socket and below the upper surface of the mount. now use an open-end wrench to slowly back off the nut. it will work against the two stacked sockets - in effect pressing the threaded section downward. if the tension is very great sometimes a few well-placed smacks of the hammer along the side of the mount will free the tapered stud. i know, it's confusing sounding but works quite well.

sometimes vibes can be reduced by combining a transfer case drop with a motor mount lift. while cheaper than an sye, it's just a bandaid fix as you'll still eat up ujoints without the proper angles. most opt for a body lift to partner with the motor mount lift..but in retrospect i'd try and keep the body lift and motor mount lift out of the equation. a proper lift/tire/bumpstop combination doesn't need one...and the only thing that would really require one would be the installation of a flat skid.

hope that helps some,
    chris

p.s. wd-40 is better for water-wicking...PB Blaster works wonders on stuck stuff!

• Thank you all for trying to help with what you can. I have been out there working on it for 4 hours now and no luck. I would cut the pitman arm off if I know it would not make more problems and I had a cutting tool. Maybe the last post was right move on! I will be getting a SYE soon or maybe fine someone in the club that is selling his :lie: . What I really need is someones help who has done this before. There is cold beer on ICE!!! :spinrhead: I have to get this done soon it is really getting to me...
    Call me if you can help because I am outside working. 302-367-4121 (beer)...

P.S. Anyone have a SYE Kit for sale??

• Hey John
    Wish I could help you. I'm still learning this stuff myself. I would definately ignore the pitman arm for now. Trackbars - yeah what Chris saidl.

BUT - I was talking to Zach from AtoZ fabrications about getting an Advance Adapters SYE and Tom Woods DS and he gave me a really good price. If it wasnt for the ton of money I need to drop on brakes, I would have picked them up. You can pm him - zachv - and see what his prices are if you can't find a used one. I know Kevne (urbankrawler) had the PORC SYE for sale but he may have sold it by now - you would still need a DS.

Good Luck!

• as for the SYE, don't over look the RE hack and tap. less than half $$ of a full kit, but will get the job done. The expensive part of doing an sye is the new driveshaft. I beleive BBD had one cut pretty cheaply.

• I'm glad I helped out a small part,At least I know whats involved,WOW.Anyway I should be there between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m.to help with the rear after I get done doing what I have to do in New Jersey.
    Home phone is:322-0444

• Many Thanks goes out to all that help, even more thanks goes to John VanDurme for taking time to stop by and help! THANKS JOHN :doh: :wavey:

Well here is a update:

First off I did get the pitman arm removed after working on it for days, then about 3 or 4 hours today. I have installed the new pitman are and have installed the upper and lower arms and installed the new springs and shocks. I have also installed new front brake lines. Tomorrow I need to install the top of the shocks and make all nuts tight on the upper and lower arms. Then install the new track bar. After that I will go for the rear. I will again start at about 6 or 7 am. I think we are in good shape now. I believe the front was the hardest part.

John

• Here is a quick update.

The front end is 100% done. The rear is in the air and about to start that. Hope that is easy, I know the front was a pain in my ***.

• I am having BIG PROBLEMS! The jeep keeps trying to lean over. Me and my son has stopped it 3 time the 4th time I was not as lucky. The jeep keep going left and right, I just got the rear up and put the jack stands in and the rear fell. That kicked out the High lift and the jeep rear is just about setting on the ground. When I try to jack it up now it keeps moving. I need some hands, to help if there is anyone who know how to install a lift and can give some hands please; please help!!! I really need to have this done this weekend. Can anyone help a jeeper out here?

• hey wish i could be there but right now im in NE pennsylvania... i can come around tomorrow maybe if you still aren't done. drop me a PM and i'll see what I can do.

j

• I live across Kirkwood Highway from BCPJeep, so if you still need help tomorrow, I should be free most of the day.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!