October 15th Rausch Creek Stocker Trail Ride - UPDATE

• I have a few things to pass on to those of you considering this trip.

1.) As far as a DeJA event, this is still planned specifically as a single day event. I'll be going up and back that day. Some DeJA members are making a weekend out of it, but you won't be cut loose to find your way home, I'll lead you home as well.

2.) The Dover group will still be meeting at the Wawa across from Lowes, but now we're meeting at 5:30am. The office at R/C closes at 10:00am, and we don't want to cut that too close.

3.) MOST IMPORTANTLY... I learn from my mistakes! I've asked for, and have received TWO highly detailed routes at R/C from Lynn that start as Greens and work up to more difficult Blues as the day progresses. Some of the trails on both of our routes have BLACK portions with bypasses for the stockers. If we have too many Jeeps for one group, we WILL split into two groups. Therefore, I'm looking for someone to volunteer to lead the second group. PM me please, we'll talk. I'd like to keep both groups stocker-friendly, but that may not happen. If not, I'll take the stocker group, hoping one of you with a more capable Jeep will lead a modified group. This will all come together once we're in the staging area, but I wanted everyone to know what to expect. If you had a problem with the large group at GWNF, I think I've addressed it for this trip.

DrJ

• Sounds good Steve.

I'll be at the PA rest stop by 6:45. If anyone else is planning on meeting at the rest stop, please send me a PM so we know who to expect there.

• The route:

I-95 to I-476, up to Allentown exit (I-78/Rt22). Take I-78 West, about 45 minutes. Exit 13 (I think), is Rt. 501 "Bethel". Turn right, follow 501 over the mountain to the end, turning left onto Rt. 895. Follow 1/2 mi or so to end, turn right onto Rt. 443 through Pine Grove. Follow 443 to Rt. 125 (straight through light). When you see the signs for I-81 entrance, turn left. Just past corner is Exxon where we stop. Pull out of Exxon to the right, follow up hill for a few miles (towards "Joliet"), RC entrance will be on the left just past the slag heaps.

The list:

DrJ
    joo
    PHBSOLER (with 2-5 other Jeeps)
    wanderlust (with whatevah riding shotgun)
    sklively
    Jack
    rafartist
    morganjp1
    gottmudd02
    hzryr61
    J-Man
    Urbancrawler22
    MellowYellow
    Icky
    matty427
    seanmac
    teamtom
    clendaniel

The time:

The Dover group is meeting at the Wawa on Rt.13N, across from Lowes at 5:30am, and leaving very shortly thereafter. Other groups adjust accordingly. PM someone going from your area for a local meeting place/time.

DrJ

• Hey Steve,

So you know, Sue and I will be meeting you @ the wawa in North Dover way too early in the morning.

~Matt

• steve. you have PM. also have a friend comming to test his new rubicon

ill be comming up route to through morgantown to reading and up 61. just so you know.

• I apologize for being the last minute type, but I didn't wanna commit until I knew I had someone who could cover my call at the hospital,
    but I'm in for this one I think

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• looks like we will have a nice turnout. drove through the area on friday...the trees will be beautiful when we are up there...take your cameras

• Quote from "DrJ"

Anyone want to lead a second STOCKER group if necessary?

DrJ (...just in case.)

ask erica if she wouldnt mind leading
    coll said she did a great job last time

• looks like i am off work so have the chace to go i just have to check the finaces. but it is looking good so far.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• what time (more or less) does anyone who has been on these trails with this many jeeps think we'll be finishing?

gramar good - fire bad

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!