• Looks like snow is coming, starting Mon afternoon and into Tuesday. 2-4 inches is what I've heard. This is for up north anyway.

• Winter Storm Watch from the National Weather Service:

/O.NEW.KPHI.WS.A.0001.051205T1800Z-051206T1200Z/ NEW CASTLE-KENT-INLAND SUSSEX-DELAWARE BEACHES-CECIL-QUEEN ANNE'S- TALBOT-CAROLINE-WESTERN MONMOUTH-EASTERN MONMOUTH-SALEM- GLOUCESTER-CAMDEN-NORTHWESTERN BURLINGTON-OCEAN-CUMBERLAND- ATLANTIC-CAPE MAY-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY-COASTAL ATLANTIC- COASTAL OCEAN-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON-DELAWARE-PHILADELPHIA- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WILMINGTON...DOVER...GEORGETOWN... REHOBOTH BEACH...ELKTON...CHESTERTOWN...CENTREVILLE...EASTON... DENTON...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...PENNSVILLE...GLASSBORO... CAMDEN...CHERRY HILL...MOORESTOWN...MOUNT HOLLY...JACKSON... MILLVILLE...HAMMONTON...CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE...OCEAN CITY... ATLANTIC CITY...LONG BEACH ISLAND...WHARTON STATE FOREST...MEDIA 347 PM EST SUN DEC 4 2005
    ...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING...

THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM THAT WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WINTRY PRECIPITATION EARLY ON SUNDAY MORNING WAS HEADING WELL OFF THE NEW JERSEY COAST. COLDER AIR WAS WRAPPING AROUND THIS LOW AND WAS HELPING TO PUSH A COLD FRONT SOUTH ACROSS THE SOUTHERN MID- ATLANTIC REGION. THIS FRONT IS EXPECTED TO BECOME STATIONARY TONIGHT TO OUR SOUTH KEEPING US ENTRENCHED IN THE COLDER AIR AND PRIMING OUR REGION FOR A POTENTIAL WINTER STORM.

LOW PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO FORM OVER GEORGIA ON MONDAY MORNING, RIDE NORTHEAST ALONG THE STATIONARY FRONT, AND EXIT OFF THE MID-ATLANTIC COAST ON MONDAY NIGHT. PRECIPITATION IN THE FORM OF SNOW IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO THE REGION ON MONDAY AFTERNOON AND PERSIST THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT. THE EXCEPTION WOULD BE ALONG THE SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY AND DELAWARE COASTS WHERE THE SNOW COULD MIX WITH SLEET AT TIMES.

FORECASTING TOOLS CONTINUE TO SHOW DIFFERENCES WITH THE DEVELOPING STORMS EVOLUTION AND ALSO WHERE IT ULTIMATELY EXITS OFF THE MID-ATLANTIC COAST. THESE ARE IMPORTANT FACTORS WHEN TRYING TO FORECAST SNOWFALL TOTALS. AN EXIT FURTHER TO THE SOUTH OFF THE MID-ATLANTIC COAST COULD PROVIDE US WITH LESS SNOW WHILE A JOG TO THE NORTH COULD MEAN MORE.

A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN THERE IS THE POTENTIAL OF FOUR OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW IN THE 24 TO 48 HOUR TIME FRAME. WITH THIS IN MIND, THE MOST RECENT DATA SUGGESTS THAT AN ACCUMULATION OF 5 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW ARE POSSIBLE BY TUESDAY MORNING

• I've lived here for 26 years now....it's not gonna happen. The weather people are just playing with my emotions like they do every year around this time.

:bsflag:

• so....that brings up the question...when will my etv forum be turned on??

I'm packed and ready for this snow. I always go overboard on taking stuff, cuz you never know when your gonna have to use it....I've got an assortment or random stuff.

What do you guys all pack in your jeeps?

• give tugboat a (polite!) call, he's in charge of the ETV stuff, but I think he's been pretty busy.

I think I'll be rescuing a nurse FROM St Francis on Tuesday morning. Will that count as an ETV ride? hehe my mom is working a 7p-7a shift there starting on Monday night, and I may have to drive her home. be a nice chance to see how well the Dueler Revos really do in the snow. they do fine in snow and in whatever is under the big mud puddles up at Wharton.

hmm, now where did I leave that shovel? :xmasbiggrin:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• and...if you get stuck, you let me know. I'm all mcguyvered out in the jeep, ready for the snow. I have to much free time.....especially if it snows out....I'll sit at the firehouse and go and rescue ppl.

If anyone needs a ride, or gets stuck....LMK :xmasbiggrin:

This is why I love winter :snowman:

• Quote from "joo"

and...if you get stuck, you let me know. I'm all mcguyvered out in the jeep, ready for the snow. I have to much free time.....especially if it snows out....I'll sit at the firehouse and go and rescue ppl.

um, i think there are online help courses available too!
    chris (decaf josh, decaf! j/k)

• Fox news just called for 8 - 11 inches.

Growing up in PA, college at PSU and then living in Pittsburgh, I am familiar with and have grown to love snow. Since living in DE, I've been disappointed in the snow amounts. Hopefully this storm wont let me down.

Plus I'm looking forward to introducing my MT/R's to snow!

• oh my gosh its gonna snow. its gonna be a blizzard. better board up the doors and window, get tire chains, and buy every dam snow shovel. dont forget to buy the overly priced snowthrower the is big enough to do the neighbor hood. oops i forgot about all the food i need to buy since were gonna get snowed in.

this is what happens in this area when they say 2-4 inches.

• I never got around to actually sending in my ETV application, but here's what I would take... if I did go out.

-gloves
    -ice scraper
    -shovel
    -traction aiding stuff (sand, oil cleanup, kitty litter, etc)
    -stealership floor mat (for kneeling in the snow. lol)
    -2ton pneumatic jack (ya never know...)
    -misc collection of rope and bungie cords
    -army jacket, medium size (just an extra coat)
    -water
    -hot chocolate (for me. hehe)
    -and whatever else I see in the garage that I think I might need. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• and some burn creme... *ouch*

Jerry / Whatevah

• lets see how much you laugh when I pull a certain black TJ out of the mud. ::xmaswacky

Jerry / Whatevah

• keep laughing keep laughing, remember who came and helped YOU out of the mud.........

don't worry...we'll call it even once you yank me. maybe when we go to wharton when i have some time....then ill get stuck just so you can yank me.

• a co-worker of mine has been trying to convince me that subaru outback's will take a jeep to school in the snow........He's from Wisconsin & I'm from Georgia, so I can't dismiss him as a TOTAL windowlicker........
    although he thinks my jeep is stock...doesn't know I have 6 in of lift

.....I mean, I know that our jeeps would have to be in 4wd to be a contender, and you want to avoid any sudden inputs, whether it's braking, gassing it, or steering.......but a$$uming i keep all inputs gradual, don't get overconfident, steer into the slide if my rear end gets squirrelly (your supposed to use the front wheels to steer out of trouble w/ gradual application of gas, right?)........wouldn't I rule a$$ in the snow?

Chuck (looking for subarus to pull out.....i'll be gentle w/ your plastic bumper....i swear) :driving:

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• I pulled a Subaru out of a ditch last year out side of Newark. :snow_laugh:

Wait till we get over 10" of snow and challenge him to some unplowed roads. :innocent:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!