Polar Bear Plunge

• Attention all DEJA Members, Families, & Guests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polar Bear Plunge, Sunday Feb. 5, 2006 1:00 pm
    Rehobeth Beach
    to Benefit the Special Olympics of Delaware
    (yes, I know this is Superbowl Sunday)

I think we can turn this into a huge annual event for DeJA!
    Let's see how many Polar Bears we can get!

http://www.sote.com is the site for Special Olympics and on there is a link to the Polar Bear Plunge information, including downloadable registration/waiver forms. Along with tips on how to make the day more bearable.
    I will have this info available at January's meeting.

I have been in contact with the Special Olympics office on what the easiest way for us to do this as a group and here is what I found out:

On the registration form there is a space for "plunge group" all that has to be done is to write "Delaware Jeep Association" on that line.

To pre-register your registration form, waiver form, and $10 must be received by Jan. 27th to be guaranteed a sweatshirt from the day's events. The remainder of your donations (at least $40) will need to be handed in that day when you complete the sign-in process.

Or you can wait and register the day of the event with a minimum donation of $50 per person. Everyone will have to sign-in individually either that morning or the night before whether they have pre-registered or not. Saturday night Registration is at the Rusty Rudder in Dewey.

Bathing suits only!!! no wetsuits, t-shirts, etc . . . will be permitted.

I have tried to condense some of the info, If I have missed anything major I apologize. If you have any questions just ask.

• Quote from "flutterby"

Bathing suits only!!! no wetsuits, t-shirts, etc . . . will be permitted.

Do birthday suits count? :eye:

Because I got a new suit for my last birthday I'd like to wear. :snow_laugh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Im in! :snow_laugh: took the plunge last year . It's really a great event . good people good fun . there is always a good party at the rudder the night before too . water is not too cold only like 35, haha. it would be great to see alot of jeepers there .

• All right, so now that we know who is not coming.

Let's see how many people we can get involved.
    Can we get this added to the calendar so members can sign up?

I know I'll be there (by myself ::xmasunhappy since someone will be in a warmer climate)

• lets see drink beer, hang out with your friends and eat tons of food while watching the football. Verses Jumping into water the tempature of the cooler holding the beer I am drinking while watching football. This is gonna be a tough choice

• Another good opportunity to get together is the ORIGINAL Polar Bear Plung on New Years Day at Cape Henlopen State Park. :snow_laugh:
    Here we could actually park together and hang out/cook out, ect. It is not as busy as the Rehoboth Plunge but it doesn't benefit anyone.
    Many car and bike groups meet at Cape for this event.
    just an idea...

• I am going to try and go but that is the same day as me and my gf anniversary so i have to see what we are doing. I really want to go this woulod be my third year in a row taking the plunge. Its not as bad as it sounds. The only thing that really gets could are your feet while you are waiting to go in.

• It was made official at the meeting last night, if 10 people sign-up & Participate

[size=18px]Our New Pres Dr. J will be number 11[/size]

I think we were pretty close!

Meeting times to meet and ride in together will be determined as the date gets closer, this is open to suggestions if anyone involved has any ideas.

I thought maybe meet at Rehoboth Wawa around 9:30 am? Registration that morning starts at 10:00.

• I will be there, ready to swim. Should 10 not show up, I'm staying warm and dry! My mom didn't raise no fools.

(well maybe one...)

DrJ

:safeyet

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!