• if u had the money and the choice 0

1. a rear bumper and swing away (0) 0%
    2. oba (0) 0%

im torn alittle
    what do u think?

while the oba will be alittle cheaper than the swing away i picked out
    and i spend a great deal of time on the surf
    i really could use the swing away after i get my new tires

• you can always find a friend with air...someone to carry your spare is a different question

what size tires are you going to .....i didnt have to air down on the beach with mine. so no need for OBA there

• oba can be real nice, and like dave said most of the time you can find a friend with oba, I'd go with the carrier, then spend like 50 bucks at pepboys on their MV1050 compressor, I have one hard mounted and It airs up my 33's from 15psi to 30psi in about a minute per tire. And If you wanna get sneaky, print out a coupon from checkers and take It to pepboys and they will price match It for $25 like they did for me

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• im gonna go with 305's

i spend alot of time on the surf
    better to be safe imo
    besides it only take a few mins to do so
    and in the event i would need to extract someone
    i would have to air down anyway
    and it really depneds on when u go and on what beach
    sometimes i dont air down
    sometimes i need too

as for the oba
    i would only consider a kit from kilby
    im also not one to rely on friends.
    its not like me to waste their money on my jeep

That's MR. Captain Beach , to you

Edited once, last by ().

• i was just looking at that one on q-tec, nice

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• As long as your existing spare setup (stock?) will accomodate the new tires you plan on running, if it were me, I'd go with the OBA.

It's not just the ability to air up/down without leaning on others (I don't mind letting others use MY stuff - but obviously I can't speak for others)...but you also get the added convenience of having air tools on the trail.

&quot;I mean, I&#039;ve always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else&#039;s hair.&quot; - Clint Eastwood -

• You KNOW this isn't really a decision...you'll wind up doing both, as we all seem to. Just do one know and recognize you'll do the other soon enough too. I'd go OBA now and talk to HollyOak, work out exactly what you want and start saving. You wouldn't be happy with only ONE of these mods, or it wouldn't be a tough decision. If you have the money for a swing out now and don't think you could put the cash together easily later, pay HollyOak now and work out the details as you design it, can't do THAT with q-tec! A CO2 tank could get you through the summer until you dial in the OBA solution you want.

Just do it, then do it again.

DrJ

• yeah, that was back in 2005....now he's getting a new place off of the beach and putting up with us again :)
    chris

• no havent talked to brian yet about the swing away
    i should do that
    the one i really like is a $1grand not inclluding
    shipping

colleen would be alittle mad at me if i bought the co2
    then the oba from kilby

i still have a few months to figure out which one first

decided not to move to the mountains
    i just couldnt leave u guys

• I'd think the CO2 would be a quick sell when it came time to do the Kilby OBA. I prefer the tank myself, and I'd bet there are a few others on DeJA that would too. Talk to quadna, he can show you how to put your own OBCO2 together inexpensively. My rule has been to try to buy the expensive stuff first.

DrJ

• you can do a decent co2 setup for between 200-400 bucks. depending on regulator. you could also buy a regulator and rent a tank from a gas place and return it after you get your OBA. then sell the regulator.

• i paid around $90 for my tank shipped through ebay - but it was brand new, just tested, and is a 20#er as well. you can get an adjustable regulator from a bunch of places - i got a superflow one from jason at 4x4groupbuy. it wasn't the cheapest but was the one i had my mind made on. i agree with dave - you could sell the CO2 kit pretty easily if need be down the road.
    chris

• Don't pay $1000.00 for a swing-away, that is just a huge waste of money. Brian can build you one for just over half that ( I am pretty sure that is what his pricing is). I know you said you want a York but have you considered an electric compressor like Viar or extemeair? We are putting a viar into Arties rig. It cost what the bracket for the york OBA would cost and seems to have about the same output.

• no i havent considered 12v oba system

my goal is to get the things i need and can use now and when
    i pay off the jeep
    so i can have airock

i didnt think a 12v system be capable of suppling airock
    im not sure

also
    this one says it takes less than 3 mins
    to inflate a 35" from 15 to 33psi
    that seems slow to me
    if i were to get one and hooked up say a 2 gal tank
    would it be faster ?

• i saw somewhere too that uses a kilby compressor with an electric motor as OBA. seemed to be a decent setup but dont remember where it was.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!