I need help figuring this out.

• After i put the spacers on i have this wobble. I had another thread but this is the updated one. Th wobble happens from 40-48 MPH and then after that it stops. I replaced the track bar, aligned the wheels, pulled the drive shafts, did everythingi could think of. I'm 99% sure it's not the tires because they will vibrate, not make the front axle feel like it's jumping across the road.

Anyone have any ideas? I redid the track bar in the front 2 times so it is perfectly centered.

Tires-yes they can cause more than a shake

at 40 mph it will cause the jeep to feel like it's leaving the ground?

• If it did not do it before you put the spacers in try pulling the spacers out And see what happens .

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

• ....also be sure those spacers are seated on the rotor(s) evenly and that you torqued 'em evenly.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• I was just reading about this the other night. The book i was reading said that if you install larger tires, or spacers and you get the shakes, it is a problem that has been there all along ( If the tires are balanced correctly and the spacers are installed correctly ). Check all of your steering components and tie rod ends, ball joints, any joint that can loosen or develop slop. I don't have any first hand experience with TJ's or Yj's but I am sure other guys on this site can offer up their experience.

• if u havent allready try checking the stabalizer on the steering. some times they get week and allow this to happen. if u put bigger tires on u may need to upgrade the stabalizer. this is a fairly common problem with wranglers and i have had one cheroke with this problem. the shake has to do with the alignment angles and how the axle is made. if u cant find a problem pm me i have acces to a tech database that may help

• Update, I thought it was definately my track bar... don't think it is. It seems to be affect by hot and cold. It usualy wobbles when its cold out and after you drive it enoguh it will stop doing it... this morning I had it in the garage (heated) and when i drove it, it was already warm and didn't happen. Then i let it sit outside for an hour and it's back to wobbling... tires are the only thing I can think of that is affected by heat, anything else?

• i have bfg mtrs (35x12.5xr15). I just figure out that all of my shock bushings are dead and my shocks are on their way out. I an replacing them. I don't have sway bars, I'm putting them back on. I am getting 6" coils and getting rid of the 4" with the 2" spacers. Just a little bit of everything is what's causing this. It should be fixed by the weekend :lie:

• i have 4" coils, 2" bl and 1.5" spacers. I want 6" suspension, i'm going to do it no matter what anyone says. So i'll figure this out on way or the other. (and i do also have a winch, which is why i got the spacers.)

• i won't argue the 6" of lift - if you want it you go ahead. but with the 6" springs you'll have 8" with your body lift. are you pulling the body lift? just curious. it may look a little odd with the 35" tires. also, i know you had the tires rebalanced....did you try just rotating them for the heck of it? maybe one of the ones in front is worn oddly even though it still balances out. the worn out shock bushings can help along the shakes too.
    chris

Quote from "ChiChuM"

i have bfg mtrs (35x12.5xr15).

oh, were the tires BFG MT's or Goodyear MT/R's? just asking because my BFG's seem to ride smoother on the highway than my GY's. both need to be rotated religiously or else you'll get weird wear on them later in life.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!