Camp Jeep 2006/Jeep Jamborees

• Camp Jeep ...is in Wisconsin!!!

Nothing against the great state of Wisconsin, but I can't see going THAT far for Camp Jeep when we have so many '06 Jamborees that are much closer!

Anyone see multiple locations for Camp Jeep like last year? I don't.

DrJ

• Milwaukee has some GREAT German food.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• thanks, is there a group from deja going to any particular? If not maybe we should make a date and make it an event

• Some of us were trail guides at Camp Jeep last year and will likely try to guide at one or more of the Jamborees. I'd make the "event" date one of those if they come through.

DrJ

• Camp Jeep has a bunch of trail rides, but they've also got a big tented area with vendors, and places to talk to Jeep engineers, see concept vehicles, take a brand new production vehicle on an off-road test drive, some sports stuff (small BMX course, rope course, etc). last year, Tony Hawk came and showed off a bit, and it aso hosted some mountain bike race championship. oh, and some live musicians.

The Jamborees... there will be one up in the Pine Barrens (water!), and I think one at either Paragon, or in the area at Jack Frost/Big Boulder where Camp Jeep was hosted last year. the website will show for sure, this system at college is a bit slow. they're a bit expensive, I think.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• BUT!

...at least with a Jamboree you're paying for trail rides, not D/C hype and vendors. I'm kinda Camp Jeep'd out for awhile (if I had to pay). It looks like the Jamborees are more like our trail rides, though bigger and more organized I'd guess. Not sure how stocker friendly either...

DrJ

• Quote from "DrJ"

BUT!

...at least with a Jamboree you're paying for trail rides, not D/C hype and vendors. I'm kinda Camp Jeep'd out for awhile (if I had to pay). It looks like the Jamborees are more like our trail rides, though bigger and more organized I'd guess. Not sure how stocker friendly either...

DrJ

Stock friendly, meaning not alot of stock trails? I was looking at the WP and it is pretty expensive. $250 per person

• But I'd rather pay $500 for three days of nice long trail rides all day long, plus camping than $375 for Camp Jeep and the scheduled rides with far too many vehicles in too small a space. And I DID pay once (and worked it once). Everyone should do a Camp Jeep once though.

Just my 2¢

DrJ

• Well of course I'd prefer to do BOTH GWNF AND a Jamboree!

...and I'm planning on NOT paying if I can be a guide like at Camp Jeep (actually got paid for that!)

($500 = 2 people x $250) They're just expensive..."supply and demand" I guess. They usually fill up fast, so most must think they're worth the cost.

I'm sure there are some DeJA members who have gone to a Jamboree...post up!

DrJ

• I will definitely be going to a Jeep Jamboree this year (I won a gift certificate at the BMJA Holiday Party!). I don't know which one yet.

However, one of the good things about Jamborees is the opportunity to wheel somewhere I've never been, and whose trails are normally not open to the public. I'd never go to Pine Barrens, Poconos, or Paragon for a Jamboree -- two (Pine Barrens & Paragon) I could do anytime for much less cost, and the third (Poconos) I hope to work.

I've done Adirondaks and Maine Mountains. I've heard Catskills trails are OK but the area is bad. I'm thinking maybe Mohawk in Mass. or one of the ones in KY or NC.

They usually fill up fast, so most must think they're worth the cost.

Actually, I think it is rare for a Jamboree to be full. I've only seen that for the Mohawk Trail and a few out west. Usually they just keep stuffing in more jeeps...

If other DeJA's are interested in a distance trip, it could influence my decision...

• I did the Pocono Jamboree last year. My first one. It was great to see so many other jeepers. I plan to do a least 1 a year.
    It is kinda costly but they have a new option this year where you can just do the trail and food is not included. That is a way to save some $$

• The wife and I did the Maine jeep jam last year it was a great time well worth the price . The price includes all of your meals and you will not go away hungary. They have a good selection of trails from jeeping 101 for first timers , scenic trails to the hard stuff .
    I got my jeep 3 years ago , and my wife hated it . Till we went to the jeep jam . She loved it , Now she has one of her own to wheel .

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!