New Jeep bling

• Well, I FINALLY got my b'day gift from my wife! Thanks to the help of Astape, she bought me a Warn 9.5 XP, mounting plate, and accessory bag!

WOOHOO!!! Now BlueJ won't have to pull me off stumps anymore.....[size=9px]whenever I actually make a trail run.[/size] :innocent:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Well, I was hoping the winch would mount up easily but it looks like I'll have to cut the brush guard off. :doh:

Whats the best way to mount hooks to the winch mount plate? Or is that not a good idea?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• John,
    when i was looking up some info to share for jeep 101 most of the stuff i saw on towing and recovery said you wanted to bolt tow hooks as close to the frame as possible.. so i would either keep them bolted to the holes where the frame rails and bumper meet (assuming thats where they were already)
    rob

• he is working on installing it.. im sure he will put pics up once he is done.. but who knows.. maybe you want to see the winch on the floor next to the jeep???
    john get some pics up these people are starving for pics...

• I figured everyone has seen the front of a Jeep already so there isn't much to post. It looks like I have to cut my brush bar. :upset: That should be fun. :rolleyes:

Then I'll have to get some bar stock and make a new hoop to cover the winch. Jeepmeade said he has a bunch of scrap so I'll probably hook up with him.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Well, I tried to fit the winch behind the brush guard and was even thinking of modifying the way the mounting plate mounts to the frame extenders. But then (fortunately before I broke a parking light) I looked at the brush guard and realized, "Why am I trying to save this P.O.S.?" So I broke out the grinder and OFF IT CAME!
    :rolleyes:

Now it looks naked! :doh:

Now I got to fix my broken steering box brace before I mount the winch down. :welder:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Yeah that's the one. I mounted it tonight. I just need to run the big red and big black wire.

I was planning on putting the black box under the hood against the back of the grille, and then running the remote plug in to the front of the grille. But as I looked at it I saw that it would be a tight fit and I got tired of screwing around with it.

I can always do that later.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!