another rausch camp out???

• i say we start thiking about this...had an awesome time at the last one. we should start thinking of a date so we can schedule days off. mabie ill keep my voice this time LOL

• yes, that is a good idea... about the next one. i am looking forward to the next the more notice the better, the sooner it is planed that quicker the time goes by, :spinrhead:

• A few months ago, Andrew and I were talking about having a camping trip that involved my family's mountain. This would probably be more useful for a two-day Paragon trip (the mountain is 15ish minutes away) I'm hoping sometime in the near future we can utilize it for a camping trip. :grin:

• Quote from "Icky"

A few months ago, Andrew and I were talking about having a camping trip that involved my family's mountain. This would probably be more useful for a two-day Paragon trip (the mountain is 15ish minutes away) I'm hoping sometime in the near future we can utilize it for a camping trip. :grin:

sounds awesome

• Hey Icky, if your family's mountain is to be used, is there anything that needs done to prepare it, like clearing a flat area for pitching tents, setting up a fire pit, or anything along those lines?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Throw out some weekend suggestions. I was thinking mid June or so, then again in September. Maybe mix it up with a two day Paragon trip with a visit to "Icky's Mountain". :hmm:

• the sooner the better thats all i can say, i havent been camping in years and whats better than camping and jeeping in the same event......nothings better duh!

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Quote from "BlueJ"

Throw out some weekend suggestions. I was thinking mid June or so, then again in September. Maybe mix it up with a two day Paragon trip with a visit to "Icky's Mountain". :hmm:

you mean- Mt. Icky ?

June 5 and 6 is Nueroc Weekend at the Badlands. so that weekend is no good for some of us.

but any other weekend is fine for me.
    maybee the 12th or the 19th?

• I'm up for another camping trip. I'm good for any weekend in June - so come on someone pick a weekend!!(Need to get a date before another family function gets planned) June 6th is Tom's b-day and last year we were at RC for his b-day, lets do it again!!!!

• Quote from "JohnBrereton"

Hey Icky, if your family's mountain is to be used, is there anything that needs done to prepare it, like clearing a flat area for pitching tents, setting up a fire pit, or anything along those lines?

There's probably not much to be done. We already have a pretty large fire pit (larger than Rausch Creek's) and flat clear areas. Basically we have about 80-90ish acres of land and a cabin on top. The cabin has a trailer attached to it. (this all means that there will be a normal bathroom/shower/kitchen/satellite tv/running water/hot tub/couches/beds nearby while we're camping (which is great for the ladies who don't feel like peeing in the woods) Every cell phone that has ever been up there (different company varieties) has gotten wonderful reception (there's a tower down the road.) It can be DeJA's own private camping area since there's a locking gate at the bottom. I really can't think of anything that needs to be done. I'm sure my dad will go up beforehand and make sure everything is perfect anyway. (Both of my parents approved DeJA going up there, and keep asking me when the club is coming up to camp) Just give me a weekend date, and I'll clear it with them first. :grin:

• awesome dejas very own camp ground not many clubs can say they have that now can they!

• this sounds cool and i can't wait are thier jeep trails on the mountian?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I'm new to computers and postings, so bear with me. Where is Icky's mountain? Weekend of June 5th is bad for me.

yeah, in the wintertime the main road up the mountain is a trail all in it's own!

what about in the summer time? :rollsmile:

• well i consider any warm weather for a long period of time summer so the sooner the better c'mon i wanna go camping!

• no matter when we would stay there in the summer it wouldn't be too bad. there's always a breeze going up there...and it's nice and grassy all around the cabin. i do think that if we take mr. and mrs. lalik up on the offer we should be at the very least offering up a couple of shotgun seats to them for a day. how does that sound? :)
    chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!