xj doors

• Ok i need some input here

i want to take the doors off my xj in the summer (just the front 2)

it is power windows and locks

what are my options?

thanks

• none really imo

while i dont think its a safety issue
    i think johhn law mmight have something to say

search on here it has been covered b/4 not to long ago

• cops probably couldn't bother you... well, you do need to have mirrors, though.

there's a removeable panel near your left foot... behind that should be a couple connectors for the power stuff and speaker. should be a quick thing to plug in and unplug.

removing the door is another problem... well, actually all you need to do is remove the torx bolts (T-40, I think) holding the hinges onto the body. then the door will drop onto your foot (it's heavier than you'd think). getting them back on will be the hard part, since you need to hold it up and maneuver it into position to put the bolts back in.

people who want to take off their XJ doors more than once a year modify the hinges so they can pull the doors off without having to remove the hinges. the methods for that vary depending on which style hinges you have, they changed the style in 96, some 96 models have the old style, some 96 models have the newer style. if you have the newer style, this is the best way to do the mod. http://www.projectxj.com/mods/doorless.htm

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• no problem... just take lots of pics when you do it! hehe make it easier on me when I do it (whenever that'll be)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• *ahem* grabs both bb guns ;)

Jerry / Whatevah

• if you don't like the heat... put up the windows and turn on the A/C :D that's what I did today, well after I picked up a box of ice cream sandwiches from Acme. yum yum yum

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!