Flex problems no more!

• A little background. I installed the RE 4.5" ED kit on my YJ over a year ago and have ever since been VERY disappointed with the flex ever since. Everyone I talked to basically said they loved theirs and had no clue what was up with mine. After many months of racking my brain, someone on JU told me to check and see what the travel specs. on my shocks were and that I may be "limiting" out. WOW, he was right, I was running the STOCK length shocks with a 4.5" lift! It was totaly my fault, I ordered the wrong ones but have since installed the proper length shocks and what a difference! I took a picture of the old shock and the new one to show how severely my flex was being limited. All I have to say is....bring on the RTI now!

• good call
    u will def see an increase in travel now

notice a better ride in the yj with them ?

with that said just make sure ur bumpstos are to the correct specs
    while its not normally an issue to stretch ur shocks
    it can become an issue if u over compress them

thats what i have heard at any rate
    not sure if there is any truth to that

maybe it goes the other way
    someone correct me if im wrong

• I have the same kit on my YJ.. RE 4.5 extreme duty. i have been happy with it performance offroad and on road, but very dissapointed with it's score on the RTI ramp at the spring fling.

notice a better ride in the yj with them ?

Absolutely! I have only had it out a couple of times since but man it is so much smoother now (smooth being relative to a YJ :laughabove: )

I have the same kit on my YJ.. RE 4.5 extreme duty. i have been happy with it performance offroad and on road, but very dissapointed with it's score on the RTI ramp at the spring fling.

What did you score? I scored a 399 but I can already tell I will blow that out of the water next time. Were you disconected and are you running a front tracbar? Let me know.

• well if it makes you feel better i am running shocks for a 6"-8" lift on my tj with a 6" long arm lift. talk about limiting.

• Quote from "SLOPAR"

[quote]What did you score? I scored a 399 but I can already tell I will blow that out of the water next time. Were you disconected and are you running a front tracbar? Let me know.

i think i got a 420 or 430... and i did disconnect and yes i have a front trac bar. no track bar in the rear.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!