Posts by mellowyellow

Buy my mom's TJ to bet around in. I took it to the store yesterday. Felt good to drive a wrangler again.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Wish I could. I’d love to have another TJ. My kids orthodontics are putting a dent in my toy fund. Damn adulting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when I was locked on 35’s and thought i finally made the big kids club....and there came the 38-40’s. Now I have street tires on 20’s. Lol.

Did you read my Jeeps owned closely? LOL jeep only claims an 11.6 from them and no one has hit that yet in stock form

Not talking smack. Just looking for a good run. Hopefully Billy at least does some break in before going for gold....but it’s billy, so who knows LOL.

I have a 2017 with the altitude package. It is 4x4, but all time. No selection I will say it handled amazing in the snow, and I have used it around the property and never stuck (on 20 inch street tires). My brother has a 2004 and hasn’t had any serious issues. 130k+ miles.

In your original post it says factory installed wiring so i am confused, did you only have the 4 prong or a 7 prong before and are trying to convert?

The harness is factory installed. (Capped at the rear bumper) I installed the hitch, and the 4/7 pin mopar plug (pushes into the factory harness). Once connected, the dealership “flashed” the trailer tow option to the VIN which is supposed to activate the harness.

I checked the plug and fuses. They did too. They traced the oem harness to make sure it was connected. They think it might be the body control module or something along those lines. I’m being told it has to be “approved” to dig deeper since it was not factory equipped, and the dealer didn’t “install” the mopar connector. (I clicked it in). Hoping someone has a local connection that can verify the vin flash before I run it back to Adams

Anyone work at/for a dealer service department? I need help with trailer wiring on my 2017 grand Cherokee. Factory installed wiring, added the mopar 4/7 way plug and the dealer activated the option and no lights. Dealer ripped apart the Jeep and found no issues. Before I drop it off for a couple days...can anyone help?

They are fiberglass. Just not the crappy polyester resin most are used to. They are made using heated compression molding techniques. It is a far superior process to what some of the aftermarket tops are made from. I do agree, advertising it as fiberglass versus OEM may scare some off, but it is still fiberglass construction.

You could almost say aerospace grade fiberglass hardtop. LOL

What part of West Virginia? I lived in Wheeling and McMechen for a couple years. Good luck with your adventure. I’m sure someone here will gladly give you a ride down the beach. You could be like the other tourists and just drive out anyway......in a car.......and get stuck.

Welcome. If not concerned about ground clearance, you could do the curt front receiver that bolts under the bumper. Other option is to have a custom mount made, but at that point replacing the bumper would be your best bet. Good looking Tj. Welcome

I have the storage bag from my jku freedom top panels. Not sure of the brand, but it’s in decent shape. 30 bucks obo. Located in Landenberg PA.