Posts by mellowyellow

no, the field is blank on the X model, it wasnt.

it is under differential for limited slip. says its an option when ordered with the full six spare, disk brakes w/dana44 rear

but back on subject...if i did it again, i would get a sport with the d44 rear or a used rubicon. 3.5 inch superflex lift and 33's and be done.

with the rubicon, the lockers are there, transfer case is setup already...for a daily driver/weekend wheeler it is a decent setup.

I didn't need to recalibrate until I put on 33" tires last fall, but I haven't done it yet. I'm just much more careful.

I think the Sport has AC and the X doesn't.

my 2003 had a/c only difference between my loaded X and the low end sport were fog lights and tow hooks

Yup, the whole 15 seconds the compressor runs every couple hours can get real annoying. :laughing:

I have ARBs and yes they are expensive, but well worth the money on a daily driver.

i agree...i had ARB's on my TJ ill put them in my next setup as well the compressor runs for about 45 seconds you have to engage the lockers about 5 times before it kicks on. i have aired up with the ARB compressor....took a while, but it did the trick in a pinch. you can also set it up to use CO2 (paintball tanks or powertank)

i agree with brian's statement i sold my TJ due to its tire size(35's)/gear ratio (4.56)and my 60 mile commute...should have stayed with 33's (which i have now on my YJ)

dont forget the first item i add to any first aid kit....generic maxi pads. not to offend anyone, but they are perfect for what they are designed for, absorbing blood. for treatment of deep cuts and such they have worked MANY times for good compression, and absorbing the blood. people laugh at me because i carry a first aid kit, maxi pads, and Toilet paper in a waterproof ammo box. i also have my 1 way valve and 3 pairs of gloves vacuum sealed with a food saver in there too

Let me ask you this. What do you want to do with it that you can't do on 33's. I'll be honest with you I liked mine better on 33's then on 35's. If I had to do it again I'd leave mine on 33's and get a dana 44 rear. With the 8.8 that I have now I'm kind of stuck on 35's. If I go 33's I'll drag the pumpkin over everything. Also on 35's things begin to get to "Easy" and I use that term loosly. Of course I could run reds with the S&S guys but then again I don't want to destroy my jeep. If your even considering keeping that as a DD then I'd stay 33's. Ever since I put on 35's I very rarely use my jeep on the road. Kind of took the fun out of it when I get harrassed by the local cops about my tires and lift. Most of the time unless I'm in DE or MD I trailer mine. I know in DE it's not that big of a deal but it's still not practical as a DD.

Just something to think about.

i agree 100% if i could do it over again...i would have stayed at 33's the day i went to 35's with 4.56 gears my jeep was no longer a practical dd...thus my reason for selling it

Ive been getting my work done by Trucks Unlimited in Middletown recently... Very pleased with his work...
    I saw a sign up in the office today for Viper alarms and car starters... He does nice work...

I always prefer the locally owned and operated non-chain shops myself...

Checkem out.... Handy if you are local...
    http://www.trucksunlmitedde.com

when i was working as a installer, viper and all DEI products were very good. DEI has some intensive training that the installers have to go through to even cary the line. Sidewinder was the "entry level", python was availible to shops who had installers that are MECP certified, and VIPER you had to attend the DEI training to even carry the line. not sure if that is still true now, but if trucks unlimited carry Viper, id give them a shot too.

use audio works

never thought id say this...but i agree with Meeper :idiot: :idiot: its been 6 years since i worked at audio jam...but i wouldnt let them change the spark plug in my push mower. the guys at audio works actually know a good bit about installing. i have talked to them on several topics, including alarm and remote start installation procedures and they would be who i went to if i wasnt able to do one myself.

my brother-in law pieced one together for his CJ7. it is to the point that it runs but the engine needed rebuilt, therefore it will not run correctly due to blowby. he pieced it together for a couple hundred bucks and about a year on ebay looking for the right mixer, carb, ect. not a bad setup.