Posts by mellowyellow

from a guy who has bought and sold 5 jeeps in the last 3 years id say buy it. its hard to pass up any jeep in running condition for under 1000 bucks.. as said above...if it turns out to be a complete basket case you can part it out and get your money back.

no problem. had fun welding things together. a second set of hands is always a good thing to have around

I came home and tried to get the axle loose on mine...damn u-bolts dont want to come off. think im going to order replacements and cut them off. im sure it wont be the last time i have them off. ill even be able to swap that bolt around i put in backwards when we welded the shock mount LOL

what time will you be out there. i need to run out tomorrow and pick some things up anyway...i could stop by for a little while

the 31's will clear stock. take the advise above and save up for a nice 3.5 lift (rubicon express superflex is my recomendation) pair that with some 33's and you will go just about anywhere you want, while keeping a street friendly jeep. if the bug bites you like it does most other jeepers...the budget boost will be on your jeep for about 6 months before you decide to install a full suspension lift. i miss my TJ

damn...i just went up yesterday to get my new seats. see if he has any scraps you can take so i can come over and practice my welding skills

i just had to fix my switch on the e-brake itself. mine would come on until you release the brake. the "snap" of the release would make the center conductor in the switch move just enough that it wouldnt turn back on when i put the brake back on. (opposite problem as you)

a pair of pliers and a little tweak and you will be back in action

my .02

get a 4.0 liter 93 and later
    auto/stick is your preference
    93-95 still has leaf springs/square headlights...rougher than a TJ but can be found pretty cheap.

for 6000-8000 you should be able to get a decent condition TJ (97-2000+) i would limit my search for that price range to 85,000 miles
    look underneath at the tranny skid plate, gas tank skid plate, and lower control arm brackets (on a TJ).....this is where you will find the majority of off road damage and signs of abuse. the market right now seems flooded with YJ's you can get a nice jeep cheap (picked my 93 YJ up for 1500 bucks)
    TJ's are holding value because of the new model year/style change. look at private sellers for the better deal. stealerships are making a killing on TJ's

cindy's did myfocus about 5 years ago and my 07 scion the day i drove it off the lot. had a minor problem with the back window. im picky she stripped it off and re-did it the next day while i waited...no questions asked.

if you look at the one on the teraflex site it looks like they are made that way
    if you sit a winch inside this bumper between the frame rails would make the fairlead off center...however the winch would be centered.

is there any special procedures i need to follow when disposing of a catalytic converter?? what about the rest of the exhaust pipe/muffler would it be something i could drop off at a recycle center?? not looking for money..just dont want to throw it out and have it sit in a landfill if it can be recycled.