Posts by Stafford

yeah even after the mud they are shiney they have a self cleaning kit or something? LOL

I was wondering the same thing, I don't remember seeing it in documentation. I was actually a little disappointed they weren't dirtier. :) Yeah, they're a little on the "pretty" side...I went back and forth between them and the regular Crager black wheels and decided on these. If (or should I say when) they get all tore up I've already decided I'm not going to shed a tear.

Nah but seriously looks good man, i would prob have gone with springs but i would not get disconnects with that setup, you wont need it and you will actually bend your metal fender at full stuff, i will see if i can find a pic but i bent mine with 32's and the ome kit, and 33's with 4in so i would really re think discos on that setup unless you dont care about the sheet metal.

Probably what I should do is see if there's anything I want to do that this won't do w/out disconnects before I go down that road. Bending the fenders doesn't really sound like fun.

They are the 33x12.5x15's. No rubbing so far but I do have the JKS 1.25 BL and 1" MML. Disconnects might be next on the list, I'm going to let this settle for a bit before I do anything else...maybe early summer/late spring. Wider flares were on the list but they don't look too bad as is (opinions welcome) and I can put the 30's on for inspection if I need to.

I dunno if rocks do it for me, I think I'm more into the mud and, jeebus help me, water. Taking my first trip to Rausch Creek the 21st (anyone else welcome, just pm me, got 6 or 7 friends going so far) so we'll see if that helps change my mind.

It was clean for about an hour after I got the tires mounted before I gave in to the urge to get it dirty. :)

Did the JKS MML and BL package a few weeks ago, did the OME 2.5 kit on Sunday and today I had my 33 BFG MT's and DC-1's mounted and aligned. The wheels look a little too clean so i'm off to a little bit of dirt around my buddies house to break them in. :)

Crappy cam phone pics...woman has the real camera.

Just joined DEJA this year and looking forward to my first trail run with this group. Noticed in some of the threads or wherever that a cb was recommended obviously for communication on the trail. In the group that I normally run with we use the standard 2way radios (frs/gmrs) that you see everywhere. CB has been out there for much longer but the 2ways are ubiquitous these days and dirt cheap.

Just wondering if most people in this group are using cb's or 2ways. If cb's are the standard does anyone know of a handheld combo cb/grs/gmrs? Google came up with nothing.

looks like you're getting old man emu heavy springs ... good choice :)

do you have tires picked out yet?

Yeah, OME has been a definite for a while now just couldn't decide which one. Seems there's no real disadvantage to running the heavy duty and the price is the same so that's the winner.

No decision yet on tires/wheels. Probably just going with basic black steel wheels, no spinners on the jeep. :) Tires are definitely up in the air, looking for all terrain since I still run it on pavement a lot and it will be my dd for anywhere from a month to 6 or 7 months after I trade in the TL before I get another car. Looking for a good balance between on/off road performance and don't want to go crazy wide.

So finally getting off my butt and lifting the ride. I've had the JKS 1.25 body lift and MML sitting in my kitchen for a couple months now which should be going in the weekend after next...next step is the suspension and I think I'm pretty confident I'm going with the OME kit.

Question is light or heavy duty? Right now I don't have any plans of doing a winch or any heavy towing but I was contemplating going with the heavy kit just in case I do further down the road (slim but possible). Is the ride quality of the heavy significantly different than the light? Any reason to not get the heavy duty just in case?

nice man wish i could of went but theres always next time sucks for that guy who got a little hung up in the water any bad damage from that

Lost his front license plate (Jersey) but nothing major. Good time...we'll probably do it again in a month or so. I need to get my lift installed first...no prob with the mostly stock Sahara but I hate being the shortest one. :)

Nice pics of the fire, there's usually plenty of areas you can see that have been burnt recently (most probably in the fires last summer) but never seen them out there doing burns. I wonder if all the recent rain will mean (beside the fact I'm probably going to get stuck a ton of times).

What trail was that?

Picked up a steering box skid the other day and tried to remove the 3/8 torx holding my brushguard to the stock bumper which is also where the steering box needs to go. Bolt has a pretty good deal of rust on it and I could feel it stripping as I tried to loosen it. It's not completely stripped but I can tell that's what's going to happen well before I get the bolt loose. Thought about taking it somewhere to have them loosen it but don't want to get charged an hours labor for a few minutes of work.

Anyone have any recommendations for either a place I can take it that will do it for a few bucks cash or a better way to get this thing loose?

Disclaimer is that I'm more of a computer guy than a nuts and bolts guy. Learning more and more everyday as I have the Jeep (and loving it) but don't have any crazy out of the norm tools or anything.

i would love to go with you guys next saturday but i would have to meet you somewhere cause i have no clue how to get there

Paste this into google maps: Railroad Ave @39.739600, -74.729368 A lot of the "roads" you see there off 206 are actually the trails.

I usually take 295 into Cherry Hill and it's about 20 minutes from there or you can go up 40 (NJ 40 not DE) and take back roads. I'm in Newark, you can always follow me up.

ya. its a state park. as long as you are street legile you can drive in there. that doesnt mean you are aloud to wheel there though. if the rangers see you going in all the mud holes posable they will give you some kind off ticket. ive also herd they were going to put a 33" tire limit but i dont think that hapened

Seen the rangers out there a couple times and they never said anything.

Nice pictures and movies. OUCH! on the light bar.

Thanks, I was waiting for him to cut it over and he never did...ahh well. I might try to get him to sell me the lights cheap. :)

Which one? The ranger station or just a trail entrance?

We usually meet by the ranger station just because it's an easy place to find and then we pick whatever trail we want to hit.