Posts by Stafford

Not gonna make it out today but next weekend is a possibility. We usually meet by the entrance to Wharton on 206. IIRC it's around mile marker 7 or so.

After talking with the Quadratec guy for a while I ended up going with the Sailcloth top. I'm pretty sure I notice a reduction in noise a highway speeds, it's certainly doesn't make it like driving in a regular car but there is some reduction in noise. They did mention how the thickness affects putting it down but I'm not sweating that. Installation was easy....took about 90 minutes doing it by myself with a few breaks to listen to the UD lax game. All in all, I'm happy so far.

OEM top on my 99 Sahara started ripping the other day and I need to get it replaced. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$ for the Bestop. How hard is it to install it? Keep in mind I'm more technically inclined than mechanically...you need your computer built/fixed I'm the man. You need anything more than a tire changed and I'm not. Probably the most important thing to me is how much easier is it to put the top up and put the back side windows in vs OEM? Is there a site that lists the steps to put the Bestop up?

+1 for originality but let's think about this....hmmm...a huge electromagnet right underneath a speaker...

Thanks for all the advice guys...still looking for a replacement for the just the rear window on the OEM soft top if anyone knows where to order from. The rest of the top is fine but definitely want to get this replaced and buying an entire top is just a waste.

I have a Viper alarm on my TJ. It's just the basic alarm though (no no motion sensors or remote start). It can be hooked up to motion sensors though and remote start is on the same fob. Power locks really aren't that expensive. The place I go to charges $50 bucks to install the motors you need. Just shop around.

$50 is worth it IMHO. Can you tell me where in case some of the places around here are charging more?

It looks like those window kits are for the Bestops, says specifically they don't fit the OEM top. I'm looking to replace just the back window on my OEM top. I will look into that alarm though...thx!

Hey guys...

New member...just bought a 99 Sahara as a 2nd car for a little extra fun. 85K miles, clean interior, full doors, not really any mods (yet). Couple quick questions if I can:

Any place I can buy just the rear OEM window for the soft top? It's mostly in good condition so I don't want to replace the whole thing but the rear window is severely scratched up and hard to see out of. I've been all over Quadratec and a couple other sites but I couldn't find just the rear window. I haven't done the lemon pledge trick yet but even if it helps it still needs to be replaced.

Looking for recommendations for an alarm. Needs to have the 2 stage radar/proximity sensor and capability for remote start on the same fob. Having one that could be retrofitted with power locks/keyless entry would be nice but I don't think the cost would justify the benefit (I'm assuming it would be an expensive install).

Thanks in advance!