Posts by Stafford

I may be interested. 600 miles may be a bit farther than I would want to go. are there any good places in northern pa or in ny state?

also, it would be cool if there was a place big enough where we could map out a multi-day trail route and camp each night along the way. that would make it seem more like an adventure rather than do small loops from a central parking lot.

After trying to do the same kind of thing from CO to Moab to Cali, I can say that simplicity is much better than tight schedules with multiple destinations

We're officially pushing May's member appreciation ride. PA has a 'stay at home' order until May 8th (the day before) and it is likely to get extended plus if somehow life gets back to normal-ish by then we expect people will have other plans. Tentative plans are for either sometime in October or November 28th. This is one of the big benefits to being a DEJA member and we will do our best to deliver the kind of ride/party we have in the past. Everyone stay safe.

The ARB/Dometic fridges are also back heavy because that's where the compressor is so be mindful of the front tipping down when pulled out. I use the Dometic straps to strap mine to the slide and then I have the slide base ratchet strapped into the floor hooks. It's tight if you try to slide it around but the back still pops up an inch or so when fully extended.

https://www.campingworld.com/dometic-strap-kit-107879.html

How are you going to power it? Hint: join the dark solar side with us

We're obviously monitoring the Covid19 situation to determine if we can still hold the member ride in May. If the state of emergencies are lifted and the parks are open, we will likely have it. If the parks are open but attendance is very low because everyone wants to go see family or something like that we will reschedule. Besides the general overall state of the world/country, the other big thing to monitor is whether PA still has a shelter in place policy and non-essential businesses are closed. If it gets extended past 5/9 we're bagging it.

Short of the world collapsing (which, I hate to say, is a small but non-zero possibility), we will have this event at some point this year. It's one of the benefits of being a DEJA member and we'll deliver to the best of our ability. If it's not May I'd probably lean towards October or the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Back again because it's an awesome time is the 2020 DEJA Member Appreciation Trail ride. We cover trail fees for the day for all 2020 members, we feed you dinner (usually some epic broasted chicken bro) and if we actually get off our butts in time usually we have a bunch of vendor giveaways and other special things. This is typically our biggest trail ride of the year (probably because it's free but I failed economics so who knows) and is usually a weekend of camping, wheeling and shenanigans. Link below to the facebook event but *THIS IS THE OFFICIAL SIGNUP THREAD*. It's too easy for random people to click going on the fb event so this will be the official sign up thread. Don't sign up here? You might not have dinner. :shrug:

When: May 9th 2020 but don't be afraid to come up and camp Friday and Saturday night
    Where: Wheeling at AOAA, camping at Trailhead Campground which is directly attached to AOAA without hitting pavement: http://www.trailheadcampground.com/

Need to know name / level of trails / if you're staying for dinner
    We buy food based on the # of people who say they are staying for dinner. Say you're staying and you don't? You'll make me very angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm....well, you probably don't like me anyways so all good.

1. Stafford / black / dinner +1 member

Rescheduled, see below

Whats the over/under on when yours is on 40s? I'm thinking labor day. :)

Good to see you back in a Jeep, hope to see you on the beach or wheeling one of these days. We're still in the regular spot on Navy where Melissa goes.

Hey Jack-

Closest legal spot is Muddy Nutz near Dover, follow them on fb to see when they are open since it's only certain weekends. The only legal spots at the canal are the maintained roads. You could drive a car on those so they aren't really much fun in a Jeep. We do monthly rides to Rausch or AOAA in PA which have real trails of all levels, everyone is always welcome to join us.

I'd swing by Deltrans if it's not too late, I've been very happy with them and I know a bunch of others have used them as well.

If we have at least 2 people doing it I'd say register as the club. Want me to create a fb event and try to drum up some volunteers? Can you run point with interfacing with DNREC and all that?

Head count is final and submitted. No more bets. As previously mentioned, if anyone doesn't show we have to charge you the price of the dinner since we are getting charged for it. If you know between now and then you can't make it let me know as early as possible because usually there's a couple people who want to get in last minute and we can just substitute.

If you're not listed below you didn't sign up.

First NameLast NameQuantityTicket Type
    GeoffStafford1DEJA 2020 Member
    MelissaNewton1DEJA 2020 Member
    TimDineen1DEJA 2020 Member
    EdwardSlaughter1DEJA 2020 Member
    KarenSlaughter1DEJA 2020 Member
    JohnBrereton1DEJA 2020 Member
    KathrynBrereton1DEJA 2020 Member
    RobertMorgan II1DEJA 2020 Member
    KimberlyMorgan1DEJA 2020 Member
    RobertMorgan1DEJA 2020 Member
    BrianaLamet1DEJA 2020 Member