Posts by james78

I am in Jersey for a class... first time back north east coast in 2 years... if some DEJA friends are headed out this weekend, I'd love to go along for a ride.

riding shotgun and spotting would be fun and I will meet at the trails (in my rental car)

they might not get too far. the first bump they hit and they experience death-wobble for the first time, they'll abandon that thing...

See... there is a plus to Death Wobble...

Whenever I have to park in a bad spot I'd always leave it in 4Lo and lock the lockers... makes for a hard get away.

BTW, I am really glad you got er back.

Does anyone know the size of the Grand's coils.

I believe they are the same size as the ones on my nissan (or close)

I was going to get a budget boost, but I dont want to order them if they are not even close

my springs are 6" round in FT and 6 1/2" in the rear.

thanks

Glad to hear you got it taken care of James... Hey do you by chance work in the AMXS?? If so I see your Jeep almost every day you are at work.... very nice rig you got!!!

I wouldn't say I work there... I am out processing right now... headed to Kadena.

And thanks, there are a few nice Jeeps at work, I never know who's is who's... I'll be around next week, hit me up if you are on day shift (TSgt McDonald, Hydro type)

Napa didn't want to help me, but advance auto did... so I got a 2 piece grand cherokee now I am still working on getting the old one out.

not fun, it kicked my but today, I got to the last metal sleeve, without a press, I am having to cut it out...

I'll have to finish tomorrow...

watching Shrek for free on base, then off to a party.

not too experenced with it lol.. but was thinkin maybe use a washer for the hole size (welded on), there alot of different types might find one with a lip to fit in the hole. or maybe a type of sleve you can cut down that will fill in the gap.

will google some things see if i can come up with a idea tho.

That is what I did to get back from south Carolina... I made it home, but I want it to be right before I sell it or drive it to FL.

the ride home wasn't bad, but I kept thinking my track bar was gonna take a crap at 70mph.

Also Good luck, its not as bad as you think.
    Next time ask before you drill your Jeep if your not sure what your doing :peace:

Hopefully I can get a new bushing in the am. and it was already way too late to ask first and drill later. I knew it would be a pain, but I didn't have any other options.

so from what I gathered from the internt, JKS uses a grand cherokee bushing.

Napa looks to have one.

http://www.napaonline.com/Sear…001+101997+50038+2038005#

and they can press the old one out for me, if I dont get it out tonight.

I am still stuck with larger diameter holes on the axle mount, even if I buy a new bushing.

Ideas???

maybe weld plates onto the mount, but, thats not something I can do...

hopefully I can find a bushing with a larger ID and then I can use a bigger bolt.

ps: I feel like I'm talking to myself, better than explaining this to the wife, and it helps me think.

the bushing is toast...

the inner rubber part is jacked up and I can not get it back together.

So now my options are to get the old bushing out and try to find on that will fit.

would a stock control arm bushing fit... nope too big.

The bushing is 1.5" OD, maybe the parts store will have something that will work.

I found my main cause to my wobble... but I am making things worse wile trying to fix it.

the OEM M10 bolt is not big enough... the mount on the axle is really wollowed out.

drilling the mount out for a bigger bolt... no prob.

drilling out the steel sleeve in the rubber bushing... BIG PROB.

I found as many bits inbetween 3/8 and 7/16

I have a great set that has about 4 inbetween sizes.

so far I made it up to the third size, but it jammed up and the metal sleeve came out of the rubber bushing.

Did I destroy my rubber bushing, or can I just slide it back in when I finally get the ID drilled out.

It is from a JKS ADJ Track bar and it is on the front, lower side (axle side)

could I just buy a new bushing with a larger ID and swap them out.

Oh, I am working w/o a work bench or vise, and on Tuesday all of my tool will be packed up and shipped to Japan.

you might want to look into an electric fan or a flex-a-lite fan, either way it would provide some engine improvement. I did a flowcooler water pump and never had an issue with it.

I had a code come up for O2 sensor a couple weeks ago... so in my board-am here in SC, I went to the hobby shop on base and pulled all (4) O2 sensors and cleaned them, and so far so good, no more code...

I know it isn't the best fix, but it will get me by for a wile.

Oh, I also found my rear upper track bar mount nut was backed off "alot".... I was wondering why the ass end of the Jeep was wagging on the highway. torqued it down, now all is well.