Posts by Chief57

Thanks all three of you for the excellent info. Andy, now I'll reveal my ignorance....why wouldn't I want the 3.21 gearing and achieve the 1958 (lowest) RPMs possible? When it comes to fuel economy, isn't lower (within reason) better?

Good point about "running up and down the highway." I'd like to be able to take long trips (think Florida, New England, Moab, etc.) with the JKU and not get too beat up at the gas pump. But, its primary use would be in and around Delaware. Right now, my F-150 is my "Fishing Command Post" vehicle, but I can see switching to a JKU for that function.

I've been giving some thought to buying a JKU. I'd target the second-generation engine/tranny (3.6L) in the 2013-17 age range, and I'd likely have 33" tires on it. I'm looking for guidance. A key consideration is fuel economy, and I want to get it right the first time. Unlike my current rock-capable 1998 TJ with the bullet-proof 4.0L engine, 3-speed auto tranny, I want a JKU that's much more highway-friendly and easier at the gas pump. Yes, I know, a Wrangler is basically a brick on wheels, but work with me here. Naturally, the JKU will still be expected to have some off-road capability, I'm just not looking for extreme.

So, per charts I've seen on the internet, do I want to search for a JKU with either a 3.73 or 3.91 gear ratio? Or is there more to it? Other considerations on buying a used JKU? Thank you.

More details should be posted soon, but we're less than 2 weeks away from the annual toy run! This year, the Jeeps for Joy group has decided to move the event to the Greene Turtle near the Christiana Mall. Conveniently located a 1/2 mile from the I-95 and Rt-1 interchange.

I'm a little suspicious that these forum posts are part of an elaborate ruse to lure me to the Green Turtle while EVERYONE ELSE goes to the ol' Pike Creek location! :) I'll be at the Green Turtle at 11:00. Humbug!

Going to install my Fish Bone fenders next, yes I bought cheap Chinese fenders from Qtec. :jeep1:

Would love to see you post up something about your fender installation -- especially any helpful tips or workarounds you encounter. I bought the same fenders (front and back) over the winter, but have not yet installed them. Good luck!

During March, I've have numerous outings to Kent County ponds with my fly fishing gear, but I had no luck at all. I'm patiently waiting for the water temperature to reach the magical 50 degree threshold. Soon I hope to fish the "flats" on the bay side of the Lewes jetty.....we'll see how that goes. I've heard people have been having some success at Canary Creek near Roosevelt Inlet.

I'm considering getting a trout stamp and trying White Clay Creek in the coming weeks.

Install tube flat fenders on the TJ front and back. Been wanting to do this for years, but I keep talking myself out of it. I sense that 2018 is the year...once my garage warms up a bit.

1. Kuntryboy816 (possibly +3)
    2. Flutterby
    3. Woody
    4. Captain II
    5. Captain
    6. Esoom
    7. Whatevah +1
    8. Deadfeat
    9. quadna
    10. Icky
    11. Slimer
    12. Kitkat (Slimer's wife)
    13. Antnyr
    14. Jilrn
    15. Stafford
    16. Jkgray10
    17. ForMud
    18. 2000sahara
    19. Jcab
    20. Skeets682
    21. blkrubi
    22. nutrijeeper
    23. thedarkside
    24. dkirkley
    25. Imarammr
    26. Kimber aka... Imarammr's wife
    27. MrJoop+1
    28. tacklemom
    29. yobob
    30. Tonka
    31. MRWood (PS . . . its his Birthday)
    32. Sandtostand
    33. jc1121
    34. Hagar The Horrible
    35. Chief57 + 1

including delivery

I totally apologize for not seeing and responding to your post sooner! Thanks! Mine are the polished (non-painted) variety, so I'm not so sure how I'd overcome that problem. You didn't mention it, but I'll assume these are MT Classic II model and are 15". Jim

Well, the new JL just got a good review on Fox Business network, and that's good enough for me! Some of the first words out of the reviewer's mouth were...."and it has an aluminum body."

Get a plastic Jerry can. Specter makes them for the military now. Way nicer.
    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I actually have a plastic version (tan color) that I intend to use exclusively for water.....if and when I ever actually do use this behemoth trailer for camping. I can't tell you where I got it, but let's just say.....I was a soldier for a very long time. :D

No problem Jim. I acquired a new red Blitz jerry can a few months ago and had looked up options for a better pouring nozzle. Not sure what I'm going to do with the can - shoot me a message if you're interested in it.

I think Jeremy was referring to this angle of the innertube:

Ouch! After reading his post, I ran out to the garage to see the inner tube lettering for myself...but I only glanced at the PS chain. Jeremy is right....the DS inner tube needs some attention! Good catch, Jeremy! Chris, I'll get with you soon to chat about the jerry can and options for pouring.