Posts by quadna

glad to see you have your priorities all in the right order tony. the jeep will be there whenever you have time.
    chris

oh, thanks for the spare - i managed to lift it out on my own (fun in the rain :))

no matter when we would stay there in the summer it wouldn't be too bad. there's always a breeze going up there...and it's nice and grassy all around the cabin. i do think that if we take mr. and mrs. lalik up on the offer we should be at the very least offering up a couple of shotgun seats to them for a day. how does that sound? :)
    chris

Quote from "omaha2020"

this sounds cool and i can't wait are thier jeep trails on the mountian?

yeah, in the wintertime the main road up the mountain is a trail all in it's own! :)
    chris

kevin,
    i think it would be pretty easy to fashion one out of some heavy guage tin. one round piece with the lug holes punched out...rivet on some standoff brackets, and then rivet another piece to that for bolting the plate too. i have a rivet gun at my house right now if you want to try and make one....no tin though :(
    chris

um, okay....so where are you going with this stetson? was this a "for sale" sign in the modifications section? premonitions of the future? or maybe just some virtual "shootin the s**t"? :)
    chris (had to mess with you on this one :))

kevin,
    being that you don't have upper or lower adjustable control arms - pay close attention to the section that says...

"On my approximately 4" of lift, I adjusted the cams as far out as they would go since I do not have adjustable or longer control arms. This works great for me."

it may not be the right setting for you...but trial and error will get you pretty close. adjusting this caster setting and the toe-in should get you into the realm where your jeep rides nice and smooth. adjust the draglink for your steering wheel and you'll be good to go. good luck.
    chris

p.s. having a ratchet strap to help keep the axle aligned when you swap the cam bolts out it helpful.

Here's a few shots from earlier today - the whole batch can be found here at imagestation's site. you may possibly need an account there to view them though. just create a username and password and you will be good to go.
    chris

p.s. the banner was awesome steve!

hmm...either use an impact wrench loosening it while either applying a downward force on the tierod (pulling down) or pushing it forward into the draglink (a prybar between the back of the tierod and the axle?). that may keep it from spinning. otherwise you can use a dremel to try an cut a slot across the top of the bolt. it will slice into it nicely between the castles of the castellated nut. then you can try to hold the bolt still while using a wrench on the nut.
    chris

that's some great progress joe! sorry i couldn't make it by. i sat around this morning waiting for the buyers to stop by (they never did), swapped some tires around and then ran some errands. before i knew it the afternoon was practically over! did you manage to take any pictures? this would be an awesome writeup for others to benefit from.
    chris

p.s. i'd rather have a fender let loose on the trail than a battery :hmm:

well, i took care of my license plate bracket problem. i crushed it and folded back my plate last weekend at rausch creek. this ought to fix it for good. it's wrapped around the tub, bolted on at the bracket's mounting points, and rivitted in three places on the leading edge at the side of the tub.
    chris