Posts by deadfeat

Matt,
    For about $200 for a pair, you can buy real nice cross drilled slotted rotors that will resist warping (by staying cooler) and stop with larger tires better (by staying cleaner and cooler) I found a guy in NJ that sells them at a good price. I'll try to post the link this evenning where I bought mmine for our XJ.

Steve

Newbie Note: Never use a ttrailer ball as a tow/winch point. Unless you want to see how much dammage a 16 oz steel ball can do at 300mph.

Steve (does not have balls of steel)

Makes you think about any of our after market stuff and how easily it can get stolen. Best eay way to protect a winch is to tac weld the nut in place. To remove a little grinding and your all set. (note, dont weld the nut to the threads) You can also drill a hole in the end of the bolt and hang a pad lock. I think Warn sells a security bolt kit. If you hav an alarm, I'm sure you could rig up a tamper switch to set it off. If you think about it, all kinds of stuff can be swipped with a wrench and five min.

Steve (would have stolen lockers before a winch)

Side note, without a SS you prroblably wont feel any difference... until you hit a big pothole at 50mph. Then you will wish you had one when your pulling yourself out of a ditch.

Steve (silly rabbit, steering stabilizers are for control in extreame situations)

John,
    It's actually a common problem. The best solution is to replace the bolts with studs and use Nylon lock nuts. I bought the stuff for mine at Sears hardware. Use a cap nut to drive them in with locktight. The nut were grade 8 with thenylon insert to lock them. They have never loosened up since. I think Warn sells a Stud Kit but you can get the parts off the shelf.

Steve

There are lots of great seats in the junk yards that can be had for $100 or less that work well. I just installed seats from a Satern in my Scrambler. They came out great. Drivers side is 6 way power! I used the mmounts and adjusters that came with them. Mounting was pretty easy. I stacked two pieced of square tubing (1.25") that ran along the floor in the side facing the door. and ran bolt through. Front inside mmounts wnet to the floor and rear inside I made a 3" riser and used a londer bolt. Use grade 5 or 8 hardware. I think I used all 3/8" bolts.

If you adapt your existing Jeep floor mounts, you will need to make make sure that the seats you get are not too thick. You dont need a high chair>

Try to get donor seatts from a 2-door car. They will have the sliders that le the seat release and slide forward so passengers can get in. (4 door seats won't have this option)

Be sure to measure carefully, wide seatbacks my hit roll bars, and limit seatbet mmovement.

Personally I like fabric seats. I hate the sweaty back syndrome on a hot day.

If you get a seat with power, besure to get one with all the controls on the seat, not on the door.

I think the factory car seats are so much better than most of the aftermarket seats. Plus makes for a mmore personalized rig.

I'll try to post some seat pics soon.

Steve

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

ok, whos got odds. This should be branden's 4th or 5th Jeep and somewhere around vehicle 37. I give it 65 days. :lie: :laughing:

Steve (can only imagine being on first name basis with DMV)

1" body lift and some 1" schackel should do it. Or with no lift at al you can trim your fenders and install TJ flares. I would stay clear of add-a-leafs they really stiffen your ride.

Steve

There is a Js Discount tires on Kirkkwood highway. He will usually give a good price. Not sure if it's the same. You can also get rims and used tires there pretty cheap.

Steve

Fine to seal the top and side but dont seal the bottom. You can run vertical beads for addtional protection. If you seal the bottom, you provide no drainage when water gets in there. All it would take is a small area for rain to get in and you could get rust.

steve

Don't try to drill a bumperette. They are hardened steel. It's like drilling a leaf spring. I used my spare tire bump stop and it holds it up high and works perfect.

Steve (10-4)