Posts by cj7taz

is anyone leaving friday morning from DE.. southern part i guess that we could meet up with..
    newark, wilmington, and such...

i am supposed to meet up with njjeepthing but we have not decided where yet.. maybe at the DE MD border at the truck stop???

I am running 33" tires.. I have a 6cyl with auto. If it was strickly an off road jeep I would of went with 4.10's.

also running k&n fipk, accel ignition, flowmaster exhaust.

the shipping weight of the new rotors was 22lbs. not sure what the old ones weighed.

well I finally took the jeep out for a drive with the new axles and brake upgrades. I did notice a difference in the braking.

since my jeep is mostly a daily driver I decided to install the slotted and drilled rotors to help with the braking duties.

I noticed a litile difference in over all speed with the 3.73's vs the 3.07's but not as much as i expected. did notice a big difference when i hammer the gas pedal.....

I got the rotors from ebay if anyone is interested I can pass on the info.

thanks for all the input..

I bought a pair of slotted rotors for my jeep. naturally they are labeled left and right..
    when referring to left and right of a vehicle which would be which.

while standing in front of the vehicle or sitting in the vehicle??

:shrug:

steve,

stay away from the baja claws, unless you like a realy realy rough and noisey ride. i had em on my yj for about 3 days... like to rattle your teeth out when coming to a stop... i kept thinking something was rubbing up front.
    i sold em to a buddy and he loves em.. but he was used to driving a bronco with 44's on it..

they were not for me.. I LOVE MY MT/R's..

going to be swapping out my axles with 3.07's for ones with 3.73's... also will be installing the crane diff cover on the front D30 and the warn diff guard on the rear D35.

will also be upgrading the front rotors to drilled and slotted ones.

maybe if i am real energenic I will get my winch plate mounted also.

Carl

Kevin,

if this is on a yj your holes where the tow hooks should mount to are under the plastic cover that says JEEP on it. remove that and you should see where they go..

i believe all yj's came with the places to put tow hooks and such. i know my 94 had em and my buddies 89 had em also..

hope this helps..

Carl

I have lifted 3 jeeps so far and I ended up cutting the rear shackle bolts cause I was too lazy to drop the tank...

make sure you have plenty of sawsall blades cause those bolts are tough..... I think on the last jeep I ended up using a grinder with a cut off wheel, worked way better.....

2 YJ's and 1 CJ.......