Posts by Kuntryboy816

Am grateful for the referral. I've made an appointment with them for tomorrow (Wednesday) and will cancel the Safelite appointment. I'll have the work done at my office for $175 done deal, including hauling away the old one. You just saved me $32.90 --- thanks! :up: Jim

Always a good felling to help someone out. ;D -Jeremiah

Don't know about your TJ but my bro and cuz both have JK Unlimiteds and they put 33x12.5s under theirs w/ only a 3" lift. They still have plenty of clearance under the wheel wells w/o any rubbing issues. I guess it all depends on how much your suspension flexes. I'd say it would be fine for daily driving and moderate offroading.

BTW- you're subject line sounds like a modern native american name. My name is "Wheels with a Lift!" :roflmao:

Oh BTW... they will come to your home or job to do the repair. The cost would be less if you want to take it to their shop as well but not sure how far you want to drive. I think he told me like $109 at the shop.

Chief... I just called Union Auto Glass (302) 369-9040 and they quoted me $175 to replace windshield and they will come to you. They do mobile repairs all the way to Rehobeth beach. Call Footy :o , I swear that's the name he gave me, and he said he can set you up to have it done tomorrow. I've had 3 replacement windshields thru them and their work is excellent. Never had a problem or issue with a repair or piece of glass. Hope this helps you out. :peace:

They make a special wrench (flare nut wrench) for brake lines. It will be less likely to strip.

Thanks for the info. One more tool to add to the toolbox. I guess I'll just tell the wife that the delivery guy w/ the flowers must have got the wrong address. :doh:

So Friday afternoon on my way home from work I noticed my brake pedal was slowly getting closer to the floor as I was braking. Got home in one piece b/c I didn't see all the other parts fall off on the waybut figured that's why everyone was beeping at me. Thought it was just my sexy Jeep but shoulda known better. :help:

Anyway I started tracing out the brake lines. Found the leak on the rear drivers side where the line goes into the wheel cylinder just below the bleeder valve. Thought maybe it was loose but couldn't loosen or tighten the nut either way. I've ordered some Crown Custom 5-layer brake lines and am waiting for them to come in. Anyone know of an easy way to remove this line w/o stripping the nut? Is it easier to just replace the cylinder on the drums instead? Any thoughts on drum to rotor conversion. Also the master cylinder looks like it may be leaking as well like the lid isn't on tight enough. I'm trying to fix the problem (once) instead of piece by piece along the way. Would it be better to replace entire brake lines while I'm at it? I shoulda known to get a newer TJ/JK but since my wife already knew that she thinks it's a good idea to keep telling me. (wife->) :idiot: (<-Me) Thanks for any help ya'll can shoot my way.

Replaced the stock taillights with LEDs yesterday. I wouldn't had thought that splicing 3 wires would be so frustrating. :bang: Finally got em working right tho and now I would suggest wearing sunglasses (even at night) should you be driving behind me. 8)

Hi All! I just bought an 89 YJ about 2 months ago. Just got it out of the shop last week. Had it 2 days, t-boned a Corolla... long story. Needless to say my chest swelled a little when my beastly Jeep started right back up and limped to the shoulder of the road. :peace:

Anyways now that I have my baby back, I was looking around for 'legal' offroading places and fellow Jeepers to hang out with. I would definately like to check out DEJA. I also have 2 brothers, a cousin and a few guys at work that own Jeeps who are interested in DEJA. I think we can swell the ranks of Jeep lovers a little.

As I mentioned earlier, I own ;D an '89 YJ. It has the 4.2 6cyl (carbed :o ). It's got a whole white n black theme goin on. It's lifted 6" (3" susp / 3" body). Thanks to the recent accident, I now have a new front bumper (SRC classic rckcrwlr) and new fender flares (Xenon flats). Sits on 33x12.5 AT shoes. Once I figure out how to post pics on here I'll do just that. Hope to meet some of ya'll soon and maybe join as well. Can non-members-looking-to-possibly-join type people attend the meeting that is coming up?