Posts by Steven89YJ

Joe, my memory is really an on/off sorta thing. For example, I remember BBD meant BlueBellyDay or something like that. I remember what you look like too. Shelly too! My long term memory is a lot better than my short-term... it's absolutely horrible! All I know is that I can't wait to be doing this one day :driving:.... driving! That day IS coming... mark my words! I'm hell bent and determined!

@ Steven - I have an empty seat if you need a lift.

Oooh.. yes please. As I said, this will be my first post-accident trail ride, and I'm super excited to be able to go. Do you drive through the rte. 40 / Fox Run area on your way there? The reason I ask is that my neighborhood is adjacent to Fox Run shopping center off route 72, and it's called Belltown Woods. Would you be so kind as to stop by and grab me?

MellowYellow... that's because I had forgotten my password to get on here... so I sat here one day trying everything I could think of until *POOF* I found it. So then I changed my password and it's all good now.

Plus, for the longest time I had no connection to the Internet... see, here at home they don't think that I should be online for some oddball reason, so they won't give me the "key" to connect to our Comcast router... but luckily a close by neighbor has the same setup we do, but their security hasn't been set up... this is the only way I've ever been able to get online here at home.

I'd love to go on this run, but since I'm not allowed to drive yet (no license) and I don't have my Jeep back yet, the only way I'd be able to go is if I rode shotgun with someone else. Does anyone have an open passenger seat, that wouldn't mind taking one of DEJA's founding members on their first post-accident trail ride? :mrgreen:

Well hello there Rouven! I hope to meet you soon. I'm one of the original members here, heck I put together the original DEJA website. It's all been neatly redone now, since my accident on 2/20/2003. They've (DEJA as a team) done a wonderful job getting the site up and running again on new equipment and everything.

Thanks guys for doing everything that you've done!

Looks like a great day of wheeling was had by everyone that went. Wish I could have been there!<br><br> One of these days, mark my words, I will be driving *MY* Jeep on a DEJA run, you can count on that! (I'm serious on this!) I'll be completely legal to drive, so friends far and near will be shocked to see me pop in! :D<br><br> Aaron, Paul, to name a couple... :)

Ok... I understand that I'm "damaged goods" now, but hey... I'm not *that* damaged!

So what I'm sort of wondering is will there ever be a point coming up where I may tag along with someone in their Jeep? Heck, my brother Rob and I started this club 13 years ago because we enjoyed wheeling so much... I just want to be able to say "look ma, I made it back out there!" if you know what I mean.

Hello, my name is Steve Smith. I and my brother Rob originally started up this "club" as a little project on the side. We never thought that it would have taken off the way that it did, nor did I ever expect it to become such a big place... with so many members!

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I would like to thank each and every one of you for your part in making DEJA what it is today. :D

Btw i doubt steve will be going anywhere. There is a long story with him involving a jeep accident and he pops in every once in a while when he can steal wifi. His family has him pretty restricted due to tramatic brain injury. its good to respond to him but the realality is i am not sure he will be able to make it out anywhere.

Hey Aaron... I agree with you to a point about when I can steal WiFi... but as far as me never ever being allowed out of the house to go anywhere... that simply isn't true.

I'd love to go out on either of these runs, but as my Jeep is still being repaired, I can't drive there... all I can do is occupy a passenger seat... which is fine by me. Hey, any trail time I get will be the first I've had since my accident... I *really* would like some! :):D

If anyone has an open passenger seat open for this trip, I'd really appreciate a chance to get out of the house and go wheeling again. When I'm back into my YJ again, you besr believe I'll be there for as many runs as I can! :P