Posts by sandtostand

you will not be able to bike from Myrtle Beach to this place but the Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk is about 1/2 hour south on business 17, Lots of restaurant's and a small island with goats on it, Just to the south of the Marsh Walk is Huntingdon Beach State Park, pristine beaches you can walk to the stone jetty at the mouth of the inlet (great fishing too). As you drive into the park you cross a causeway, on the left side is a tidal salt marsh and on the right is a freshwater pond with quite a few large alligators. Across the highway is Brookgreen Gardens, Lots of art, a decent wildlife exhibit and floral gardens. If you a little further south check out Hobclaw Barony. I am sure you can google these places to see if you have any interest.
    When are you going down there ? I am keeping this off of face book for now but Laura and I just had a house built in Murrells Inlet and we will be SC residents as of 6/19
    Oh yeah Broadway at the Beach is a touristy must see as well, that is right at Myrtle Beach.

anotheraznguy said:Found this on FB, be careful out there.

[/quote]beachbumm78 said:... they said he was high centered and gassed it to get free. He broke free and hit a bystander and wound up with what you see. They heard he was hurt as well.
    [/quote]srt20 said:Supposedly the woman he hit was medflighted out. Busted up her leg pretty bad. I didnt read anything about him being hurt.
    [/quote]News Story from Gephardt Daily:

MOAB, Utah, April 15, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — One person was airlifted to an area hospital after a Jeep accident on the Golden Spike Trail near Moab Sunday.

A Facebook post from Grand County Search and Rescue said the patient was flown by Classic Air Medical while emergency medical services and search and rescue were still en route to the scene.

“We were en route to this incident on the difficult Golden Spike jeep trail to assist as needed,” the Facebook post said. “We rely on the workhorse of our fleet, our rangers, to get us and EMS to the scene. “Shout out to our fleet manager and his team for building these amazing vehicles. Thanks to Classic Air Medical, such a great resource for our community for successfully completing this rescue.”

The photograph below shows the vehicle officials used to get to the Jeep.

Grand County Emergency Medical Services said: “Thank you to the team at Classic Air Medical who are able to access and start patient care quickly in the Moab back country. If you have not already please watch our video on safety for Jeep Safari.”

Golden Spike Trail is a 16.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moab, that is rated as difficult to navigate.

[/QUOTE]
    [/quote]Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms. Stretcher and Z J West like this.

Person airlifted to hospital after Jeep accident on Golden Spike Trail

By
    Gephardt Daily Staff -
    April 15, 2019

MOAB, Utah, April 15, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — One person was airlifted to an area hospital after a Jeep accident on the Golden Spike Trail near Moab Sunday.

A Facebook post from Grand County Search and Rescue said the patient was flown by Classic Air Medical while emergency medical services and search and rescue were still en route to the scene.
    “We were en route to this incident on the difficult Golden Spike jeep trail to assist as needed,” the Facebook post said. “We rely on the workhorse of our fleet, our rangers, to get us and EMS to the scene. “Shout out to our fleet manager and his team for building these amazing vehicles. Thanks to Classic Air Medical, such a great resource for our community for successfully completing this rescue.”
    The photograph below shows the vehicle officials used to get to the Jeep.
    Grand County Emergency Medical Services said: “Thank you to the team at Classic Air Medical who are able to access and start patient care quickly in the Moab back country. If you have not already please watch our video on safety for Jeep Safari.”
    That video is above. The Easter Jeep Safari began Saturday and runs through Easter Sunday, April 21. For more information on the safari click here.
    Golden Spike Trail is a 16.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moab, that is rated as difficult to navigate.
    One person was airlifted to an area hospital after a Jeep accident on the Golden Spike Trail near Moab Sunday.

Supposedly the guy was driving like a dick while out on the trails. Reports say he hit a spectator and severed her leg.

This could be another epic episode of DEJA VS Snowstorm, kind of like we had a couple of years back. Hopefully the crew at Schaefer's understands that weather is a non jeep issue and that hot food and cold beer must flow no matter what is happening on the outside. :beer:

Count me in for the pre-party
    Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

if you need any help before hand let me know. I will be 10 minutes away for most of the day.

Count me in for the pre-party
    Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I have to rewire a boat trailer and install trailer wiring on my TJ, i am sure I'll be ready for a drink around 5 at the main bar (inside main Building) Hopefully Roscoe is bar tending he whips up a mean Bloody Mary, he has won best Bloody Mary on the Bay more than once

We have a 1999 XJ for sale. 4 door, 4.0, auto trans, new brakes and full engine tune up done last spring. A/C does not work but has good heat. Vehicle is drivable has very good tires and is inspected thru end of this month. Rear hatch has large dent, roof paint flaking with some rust, Rockers are rusting and there is quite a bit of rust on all of the front suspension bracketry. Engine, trans a 4wd all operate as they should. Mileage is approx. 190K, CEL is on.This would make a good run around vehicle, beater for the trail or good parts donor. I WILL BE REMOVING NEWLY INSTALLED HEAD UNIT AND REAR SPEAKERS/FRONT LED HEADLIGHTS UP FOR DISCUSSION. My daughter was using this for college in South Carolina, I no longer trust it to make repeated 10 hour trips to and from. I have no time to make needed repairs. If interested PM me with your phone # for pics. Located in Kennett Square/Unionville Area

yes it was New Penn pretty sure it was a 53 footer.The driver had no problem parking in the middle of the road to unload. He sad some trucks have lift gates and others do not. I lucked out with the lift gate, the driver had a pallet jack and got them as close to my garage as he could.

Free shipping with no other charges from 4wd.com. They charged me $12 per for mounting and balancing. I also went for 4wd's "protection plan" for 10% of the price of wheels and tires. It covers replacement of tires to 50% of tread, pro rated below 50%, and 3 years on the wheels. Trail damage is covered if a sidewall is slashed or a rim chunked.

I ordered a set of 5 tires and wheels from 4wd.com last week, paid 50 for mounting and balancing, free shipping and they paid my PA sales tax. I got a shipping confirmation and they will be here early next week.