Posts by sandtostand

Follow up - maybe this is not all that it is cracked up to be, at the time of order the Qtec website showed the tires and wheels in stock but the fellow behind the counter said they were out of stock but should be in soon. Here we are 10 days later and I received an email saying the tires and wheels wont be in until late January at best. Well that sucks as I sold the tires that were on it and she is sitting on jack stands in the garage. Guessing ill be running my spare set beat to death krawlers that are not very highway friendly.
    The plus is I have not been charged yet but the minus is I was buying new rubber to run back and forth to South Carolina a few times in February.....

It would be at the top of your budget but well worth the money spent. The Clayton Long Arm Kit gives a great highway ride and will handle whatever you throw at it off road. Check out A to Z Fabrication he had the best price hands down

If you are going to wheel your rig i wouldn't spend a ton of time and money on paint and prep. I have the Poison Spyder ricochet rockers, wiped them down with acetone, sprayed them with Rustoleum primer and 4-5 coats of Rustoleum Flat Black. They are holding up just fine for the lat three years even after beating the hell out of them in MOAB. Gouged them up pretty bad on the bottom sides it was an easy touch up.

1. Captain II
    2. Stafford +1
    3. Captain
    4. Esoom
    5. MrJoop +1
    6. Whatevah +1
    7. Astspe + 1
    8. Slimer's
    9. KitKat (Slimer's wife)
    10. Brian & Kelly Frank (maybe kiddos but hoping to make alternate arrangements)
    11. Shorebird
    12. Imarammr
    13. Kimber
    14. Solomi +1.5
    15. JKGray10
    16. AEZ
    17. JimPKeith +1 (Miranda aka wife)
    18. Kuntryboy816 +1 ....might just sign her up for membership before the party
    19. YJDave + Maggie
    20. deadfeat - can help out, can get there early.
    21. TheDarkSide + nutrijeeper
    22. Spedly
    23. Katie
    24. Sandtostand

Just thought I would pass this along. I had yet another great experience with Quadratec and the purchase that I made today consisting of new tires and wheels for my jeep. For those of you that do not know, they have a new build a wheel feature that allows you to pick your tire and wheel of choice have them mounted and balanced and then shipped for free to your front door . I bought 4 of their black Rubicon Extreme wheels and got the fifth free. I also bought 5 35" Dick Cepek Trail Country Extreme EXP tires at a kick ass price that no one else could get close to. If you are in the market for wheels, tires or both you should check them out.
    On a side note for you JL owners, there was a young guy behind the counter that is on his second JL Rubicon (his first was totaled) that knew everything about this model as far as what accessories are readily available and what's in the pipeline and coming soon, looks like there will be lots of goodies to add to your rigs in the very near future.

:jeep1:

For Sale - 35X12.5X15 Maxxis Bighorn MT Radials 9/32's tread left on all four. Mounted on Pro comp 69 series 15X8 with 3 3/4" back spacing, 5 X 4.5 lug pattern. Wheels are slightly oxidized This set is my "street" set and have never been off road except for the obstacle course at Ocean City Jeep Week. NO plugs NO tears. These are still on the jeep and will be removed only when sold.

$350.00 pick up in Kennett Square

1) SOLD Quadratec winch, Q9000 has steel cable with new roller fairlead. Winch works fine it was on my TJ for a year and used maybe a half dozen times. $100.00

2) Centra Matic wheel balancers - TJ Spacing set of four $25.00 (worked great up to 33" tire)

3) SOLD winch on a mounting plate, make unknow does not work FREE

4) TJ Hi Lift jack mount - mounts to hood using the hood hinge bolts - can also be used to mount lights - $25.00

5) SOLD Brand new in Package FM antenna $10.00 TJ

6) Hella 500 driving lights (low end- (pair) with rock guards and covers no wiring - $10.00

7) PIAA Fog lights Amber set of lights only no wiring - $30.00

8) one Rugged Ridge Part # 13313.37 Camel - Sunvisor for 97-02 TJ in box $10.00

9) 1989 YJ approx. 79000 original miles - solid tub, decent frame - Black hard top- jeep needs work- was run to the beach several times from PA to CHSP ran good before it was parked for the last year. It does need a transfer case which I do have, the old one has bad leak. $3000.00 may be negotiable

All is located in Unionville PA (west side of Kennett Square)

I have two salt water tanks that need to go. One is a 28 Gallon Bow front complete with filter and LED light the other is a 28Gal BioCube all inclusive tank with hidden filter wave maker and lighting built into hood. Both tanks have rock (coral chunks from around the world ) to include Tonga branches which have since been outlawed. The Bio Cube is still in use so if you want the water you can take it too. Both tanks have furniture quality stands as well. If interested PM your cell # and I will send pics via text. Pick up only located in Kennett Square.

I am hoping to plasti dip my old 4Runner before the end of the summer. I can buy a gallon for less than 70 bucks. You can also spray or roll on rustoleum. Theres not a lot of surface area on a TJ. I really hate the look of bedliner on the outside of a whole vehicle. The rockers is cool but doing the whole thing bothers me. I passed on a really cheap Cummins just because it was lineX'ed.

I just got a quote from an autobody place in west chester, he wanted $2500 - $3250 depending on what paint to do my TJ, that was not including any body work if needed. F'ing highway robbery considering all I needed is the tub, tailgate, two doors and a sliver of my hood, i'd just do the MAACO and forget about it

Would love to see you post up something about your fender installation -- especially any helpful tips or workarounds you encounter. I bought the same fenders (front and back) over the winter, but have not yet installed them. Good luck!

The front fenders took a while to install. I'll start by saying the powder coat on these are more of a textured paint than true powder coat. I coated these 4 times with flat black rustoleum before I started the install. There is an install video on youtube, you should watch it a couple of times before you start. I followed the video and had to cut off my seized corroded hood latches. You can buy just the bottom part that mounts to fender from Qtec for $12. I also found that on my 03 I had to trim about 1/2" off the outside edge of the battery tray as well as the tray on the passenger side. once these were trimmed the fenders laid right in place. Before I bolted the fenders I sprayed everything that would be visible through the mesh with the flat black paint. I also bought two sets of Fish Bone Amber LED marker/flashers. I installed one set on the new fenders in the pre cut 3/4" holes and then I took a hole saw and made a hole in the inner fender on each side and mounted the second set. I now have markers and flashers that can be seen from the front and the side.
    As far as the rear fenders, it took longer grinding off the old seized hardware than it did to mount the fenders. I painted these as well. After removing the old flares the next step is to drop the fender well liners. once you get that in the clear just drill out the existing holes to the size of the hardware supplied. Two Notes - the fender does NOT cover the last hole at the bottom closest to the door and at least on my 03 there is no access to the backside of the lowest bolt that is used on the side closest to the door/ I could only use 5 out of 6 bolts. If you have any questions let me know.\
    The front took me an solid afternoon, I knocked the rears out in about an hour and a half. Both the front and the back I did with no extra help

2003 TJ, if you google Bosch 12 hole injector for a jeep TJ a ton of links pop up. I believe they are Bosch # 0280156161. They worked with factory harness with no mods needed.