Posts by sandtostand

we all sell the same Chinese stuff lol

I have to say the way they are packaged for shipping is impressive, all four fenders are wrapped in heavy vinyl sheeting in super heavy duty boxes full of giant oversized packing peanuts. Definitely UPS proof. The quality of the fenders is surprising too, these are going to be a nice addition to my TJ

RIP snorkel. it served you well on those river crossings in the Moab desert

it saved my ass crossing Lake Christy twice as we filled the jeep up to the stereo, if I had life jackets in the jeep I think Laura would have suited up and abandoned ship. It saved my ass in the Pine Barrens too. The hard part now is to remember that it's not there anymore

Aaron wrapped up my engine replacement on my TJ Sunday morning. we put a new engine (reman built by The Engine Shop) in with a Comp 4X4 performance cam, replaced the stock single hole injectors with 12 hole units, replaced the throttle body with a 62mm BBK model removed my infamous River Raider Snorkel and put in a spectre cold air intake. All I can say is man what a difference. The engine has a great throaty tone and very noticeable low end torque. She runs and sounds the best since I have had her. Going to install my Fish Bone fenders next, yes I bought cheap Chinese fenders from Qtec. :jeep1:

Have any members purchased anything from Extreme Terrain ? I was going to purchase a set of fenders until I read the reviews on THEIR OWN facebook page. Now I am not so sure, looks like they have a ton of pissed off customers. The price is right but it looks like their order fulfillment and customer service sucks.

Bob 25 plus years ago all the McManssions were not on that road and traffic was a 1/4 what it is now. I tried once to back a trailer into your driveway but couldn't get a break in traffic.

I back a 25' deck over a couple times per week and i show no mercy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Let me know and ill be the starter! I know where there is a nice straight roughly a 1/4 mile long section on 842 that maybe right in front of a DEJA members house that i raced on years ago!

I will put out spike strips...too many A'holes going way too fast. Sometimes its a crap shoot just pulling out of the driveway :badidea:
    But nice jeep Billy

every single header that i have tried without the number 1 and 6 cylinder flex pipes has always cracked. they are not worth it IMO. I have the new AFE long tube header that i plan to ceramic coat and put on my supercharged TJ. It takes it from 3 cats down to 1 which should be awesome. The longer tubes i hope will have more flex and not ever crack. If just replacing stock i always recommend the OEM mopar one, new design to prevent cracks

what model year are we talking here because that makes a big difference too as they are not all the same

it is a 2003, I am having an engine built as we speak, the shop I'm using is going with a more aggressive cam and is doing some head work for more flow. I will be installing a 62mm throttle body and a cold air intake. The shop did say that a header in conjunction with what they are doing would give me a little more umph over a stock manifold, I DON'T DRIVE MY RIG HARD SO I DO NOT EXPECT ANY CRACKING (sarcasm)

I was leaning towards the Banks but like the JBA Ceramic titanium reviews. Yes they are a little salty but the reviews I have read claim that there is practically no residual heat thrown against the fire wall or floor boards as a result of the coating on the pipes