Posts by sandtostand

Who is currently using what header on their 4.0 TJ ? How is it holding up as far as welds cracking and how much "tone " has it added to your exhaust ?

We sent my dads 4.8L LS heads to Accurate to get checked for cracks ( we suspected one might be bad) and have new valves and seals installed. Guy said two weeks.... 4 weeks later after repeated calls he says they are done And they are all good. The heads looked exactly the same. Didn’t look cleaned and no sign of dye or anything indicating they were worked on. Installed the heads and just like before within a week or two a cylinder filled with antifreeze the engine hydrolocked and bent a rod. I’m glad you found someone else as I would never use those d-bags again.

Next time we get to MOAB I might be able to keep up with Gavan with my new power plant...lol

What shop did you ended up going with?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

"The Engine Shop" in , Collingdale PA. The owner Carl is familiar with the 4.0, he asked a lot of questions on how I use the jeep. We decided to go with a performance cam, slightly upgraded pistons and he is going to do some upgrades on the head (valves springs etc) he says I should pick up close to 20 hp over stock as long as I run a 62MM throttle body with a C/A intake.( he did try to talk me into building a stroker) The price was more than fair as compared to all of the crappy reman companies that are out there and he backs his work with a 3 year unlimited mileage

I'm glad you it worked out good for you, I've a few to many bad experiences with them to try them again. It almost makes me wonder if they didn't just get you a reman engine from there supplier like they were doing years ago.

Thanks for the lead John but I committed to a shop that came highly recommended from several guys that I work with that are into muscle cars . The guy is great to deal with I will post up more once the engine is done. They are going to "hop" it up to get a little more umph out of it and I will probably be doing quite a bit of bolt on upgrades to squeeze every last bit of power out of it too.
    Im am not into bisiness bashing but i did speak with Blitz. After talking to a half dozen of the bigger auto repair shops in the kennett area lets just say i decided to go elseware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I used Accurate machine https://www.accurate-machine.com/ to do the machine work on mine last year. I got their name from recommendations on this tread:

Looking for a machine shop recommendation

They did excellent work, on time and within budget. He is very familiar with 4.0's.

Thanks for the info. I did find a polace in PA closer to home that was recommended by several co workers that are into muscle cars. Their price was average and the owner knew a good bit about the 4.0.

Thanks Neil,
    Interesting that ATK builds their non baha engine. I researched ATK and they have piss poor reviews. The Baha is 275 HP but needs a chip. Golen will run off of the OEM ECU. Golen emailed me me today Chad said the stroker is rated at 270hp but with a header, cold air intake and a 62mm throttle body it will get 300hp easily. I am $4400.00 away from a stroker

He was honest and fair. Not complaining about the man at all. He definitely had work stacked up. Impressive shop full of race engines waiting to be rebuilt. He had a ton of diesels in for rebuild too.. He said he stopped working on stock engines a couple of years ago and all he works on are performance engines

As the title says, I am looking for a local shop to do a complete rebuild of my 4.0. I have checked out most reman companies that are listed online and none of them have any kind of positive customer reviews except for one place in Stevensville MD. I think I would rather keep mine instead of getting stuck with somebody elses junk. southern Chester County, Northern Newcastle or Ceciltucky would work

the tree huggers are out of control. When I lived near philly we use to drive down the middle of the Schuylkill river on the gravel bars with our pick up trucks. we would go until the water got up to the bottom of the doors then turn around facing upstream and stop.. jump in the bed of the truck fire up the grill and fish for catfish til midnight. The guys with the jet boats didn't like us very much...lol

Well I am out have fun all

1. Kuntryboy816 (+1... adios kiddos!)
    2. Flutterby
    3. Woody
    4. Captain II
    5. Captain
    6. Esoom
    7. Whatevah +1
    8. Deadfeat
    9. quadna
    10. Icky
    11. Slimer
    12. Kitkat (Slimer's wife)
    13. Antnyr
    14. Jilrn
    15. Stafford
    16. Jkgray10
    17. ForMud
    18. 2000sahara
    19. Jcab
    20. Skeets682
    21. blkrubi
    22. nutrijeeper
    23. thedarkside
    24. dkirkley
    25. Imarammr
    26. Kimber aka... Imarammr's wife
    27. MrJoop+1
    28. tacklemom
    29. yobob
    30. Tonka
    31. MRWood (PS . . . its his Birthday)
    32.jc1121
    33. Hagar The Horrible
    34. Chief57 + 1

1. Kuntryboy816 (possibly +3)
    2. Flutterby
    3. Woody
    4. Captain II
    5. Captain
    6. Esoom
    7. Whatevah +1
    8. Deadfeat
    9. quadna
    10. Icky
    11. Slimer
    12. Kitkat (Slimer's wife)
    13. Antnyr
    14. Jilrn
    15. Stafford
    16. Jkgray10
    17. ForMud
    18. 2000sahara
    19. Jcab
    20. Skeets682
    21. blkrubi
    22. nutrijeeper
    23. thedarkside
    24. dkirkley
    25. Imarammr
    26. Kimber aka... Imarammr's wife
    27. MrJoop+1
    28. tacklemom
    29. yobob
    30. Tonka
    31. MRWood (PS . . . its his Birthday)
    32. Sandtostand

Do you follow the PA/MD/NJ/DE Jeeps Classified group on FB? People post XJ's all the time. Some are stupid overpriced and some need a lot of work but every now and then there's a good one.

I check this on a daily basis. Some of those people are off their rocker... 7-10K for an XJ with 225K plus miles on them. I thought the blue one was going to pan out until he sent pictures of the front end and said it was a farm truck that hasn't been on the road in years