Posts by brianf44

Hi everyone, I sold my old cj years ago and am looking to get back into a Jeep. I am looking for a basic Jeep that isn’t heavily modded with a 4.0 and automatic transmission. If anyone has a line on one or has one they might consider selling please let me know. Everything I see online has some serious rust issues or they are asking 15k for it. Thanks for reading.

Thanks . Any recommendations on a place I can take it to get it sprayed or treated for that underneath? I have seen online people spraying inside and outside the frames and almost everything underneath to prevent rust.

Hey Everyone, really appreciate all of the views and responses. This is a big decision for me so i wanted to throw my rationale down here and if you all could let me know your thoughts that would be appreciated. So i wanted to get the stripped jeep bc i want manual doors and locks, and a basic ride. Obviously the cost is kept down too, but i didn't want to sink 30k into a jeep for me right now. Its just not doable at this point for me. But what i was thinking about the engine block heater bc i heard it reduces wear and tear on an engine. i want to keep this jeep for 10 years plus so i thought that would be a benefit, and at only $95 thought it was worth throw in.

My other two options of air conditing and auto tranny are just must haves for me. Personal preferences really but i like them.

Regarding the tow package I have no plan on actually towing anything, i wanted to get it to put one of those storage shelves on it so increase store for trips to the beach. since it will be a 2 door and no roof racks, figured if i could put a cooler and a few bags out back there on the shelf it would allow me to have a little more comfort on the inside and not be cramped. But if you are right and i can get it for much cheaper aftermarket, thats something i will remove from my options list.

I want to buy the cheapest tire and rim option bc i want to replace the 16 inch steel rim for the rims and tires from the rubicon. I really like them but not sure if the rubicon rims and tires would be able to be bolted on the the base sport wrangler with the 16 inch steel rims? ANYONE KNOW IF THATS POSSIBLE?

Finally, i didn't know if it were possible, but figured i would try my luck on a used 3 piece hardtop. if i could get one great, if not, then the soft top would be ok for me. Really want to get the jeep around the $24k mark. Not sure if thats possible but thats what i am trying for.

Anyone know if the 2017 will have any different options from a standard equipment perspective? if i can wait a few weeks and get a 2017 that will come with anything for free that i would have to pay for in the '16.

realize this is a super long post but again want to thank everyone for the views and responses. And BTW, the jeep will be red! hahha take care everyone

So I am looking into buying a stripped new jk sport with the 16 inch steel wheels to use as a daily driver. The only options I want are an auto transmission, engine block heater, air conditioning and a tow package . Msrp on this is about 27300, what do you all think is a realistic price I could get from a dealer? Thanks

I just spoke with my mechanic and confirmed what i feared that the frame of the jeep would need some work. I was told it would need seriosu frame repair or a new frame. I am not interested in making the repairs so if someone wants to buy the jeep for parts let me know. I am lowering my asking price to $2000. The jeep is a roller and is not safe to drive. The jeep will need to be towed out of the garage.

Thanks for the bumps everyone. I really dont want to part her out. Want her to go to someone that will put the 500-1000 into her to have her be a good jeep for others to enjoy. BUT if someone with the cash comes along and wants to part her out then that is up to them haha.

Yes the Jeep has a front drive shaft, it can be driven daily. I used to take it around Wilmington all the time. Brakes could use work but the jeep is pretty solid.

[size=3]Sorry not looking for any trades, cash only. We are planning a wedding so the cash will be used to help pay for expenses. I have the jeep stored indoors at my mechanics garage in Kennett Square Pa. It is right off of route 52 and route 1, about 15 minutes from Wilmington. The jeep can be seen next week, I just ask that you give me 2 days’ notice so I can coordinate a time after work for me to meet you there. [/size]
    [size=3] [/size]
    [size=3]I have several pictures, so if you are interested in seeing detailed pics, or have questions you can PM me with your email address and I will send them. My cell phone is 302-547-6075 if you want to send me a text with your email and I will send the pictures on over. Thanks for your interest. [/size]

[size=17px]Not sure but I will get out to my storage garage where it is stored and check for you some time next week. Does anyone else have any questions about it? [/size]

[size=17px]Hi everyone, i am putting my red 1986 jeep cj7 up for sale. We are planning our wedding so I have to get rid of her for now, but i hope to get another one down the road a bit. The jeep is all original, with a 4 speed manual transmission. I think the engine is a 258? But don't quote me as i am not 100% on that. The frame is solid with only surface rust. The tub has been replaced with a tub from a later yj, so rust is not an issue. The jeep has a black hardtop in great condition. I have full steel doors and picked up a great second hand black interior (front and back seats) that will go with the jeep. I also picked up a black tufty lockable center console that will hold a cd player. The jeep will come with the sound bar on the roll bar as well. Mechanically the jeep is in good condition. It is not perfect but with a little work the jeep could be a daily driver. I am asking $4,500 for everything. Pm me if you have questions and include you number or email and i will get back to you with pictures. Thanks for viewing[/size]

[size=17px]I am looking to see if anyone has a soft top for a cj 7 that they are interested in selling. I run full hard doors so yj soft tops with the square corners won't work. I have a hardtop on it now but would like to switch for the season. If anyone knows of a reasonably priced top please let me know. Thanks[/size]