Posts by 92Renegade

I will put out spike strips...too many A'holes going way too fast. Sometimes its a crap shoot just pulling out of the driveway :badidea: But nice jeep Billy

Bob 25 plus years ago all the McManssions were not on that road and traffic was a 1/4 what it is now. I tried once to back a trailer into your driveway but couldn't get a break in traffic.

Not talking smack. Just looking for a good run. Hopefully Billy at least does some break in before going for gold....but it’s billy, so who knows LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screw break in run it hard from day one, they always seem to run best and longer than a engine that is babied and then beat on! Just ask your cousin Greg.

Let me know and ill be the starter! I know where there is a nice straight roughly a 1/4 mile long section on 842 that maybe right in front of a DEJA members house that i raced on years ago!

I have a Banks on my YJ but like Jerry said I've replaced mine once with a updated design, but honestly if I had to do it over again I would have just used the aftermarket design that has the flex joint in it. I don't think other than a change in the exhaust tone I noticed any real power gains and I had the Banks cat back exhaust as well. I say save your money and spend it at the bar.

I had mine done at Blitz Auto in kennet square. they do a lot of 4.0l and the old man knows his stuff, short block came back better than new

I'm glad you it worked out good for you, I've a few to many bad experiences with them to try them again. It almost makes me wonder if they didn't just get you a reman engine from there supplier like they were doing years ago.

I trying to remember what I did to fix my old 2000 XJ when it had this same problem, I believe I found a broken wire in the R/F door jam area, I know I had this problem on and off for a few years and it always seemed to happen after a few days of rain.

Stopped by Miller's today. He was polite but outright said he had no real interest in doing a Jeep engine. If i insisted he do it I would have to wait 5 months or so at a price tag of 3k give or take a little.
    I'll check Alderman's out next.

I'm banking on he gave you an outrageous price and time frame in order to dissuade you from using their shop. "No thank you sir, I don't like money.. I have plenty."

Charlie is a one man show and i'm sure he's up to his eyeballs right now with work with the Racing and Diesel Pulling season right around the corner. If I think of anyone else I'll let you know.

Damn thats a long list I feel like I need to take a nap after just reading it. Sorry to hear the JK needs a radiator again.

Seems dumb to install it twice. Your Jeep runs now. I'd drive it as you determine how much freshening up the V8 needs.
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Easy for me to swap a engine, I'm thinking get the 5.3L and 4L60E transmission in and running this year and build another next winter with more power!