Website banner contest!

• The new site coding allows for the option of having multiple images used in a rotation for the website banner. Right now, it's just the one image (jc1121's TJ shot in Paragon), but when I get some more free time I'll go through other pictures I've shot and make some more banners.

If you've got some photo editing skills, feel free to give it a shot. You can use the current banner (http://www.delawareja.com/file…ght2col/images/header.jpg) to work from if you like, the current dimensions are 770 x 146 pixels, but if you design it at 800 pixels width, that's even better. Please don't go any bigger than 150 pixels in height. You do need to keep a solid bar (25 pixels tall) at the top, as that's where the site menu goes on the homepage.

As far as content is concerned, you must include the club logo somewhere (size is up you to, but it must be identifiable) and the text "Delaware Jeep Association". Adding "DeJA" is not required, but is highly suggested. If you use a photo taken by somebody else, get their permission.

Finally, image format should be PNG or uncompressed JPEG. I'll compress it down to the best tradeoff of download speed and viewing quality.

As for the contest part of this, well... I dunno, maybe I'll buy a club sticker or trail flag for the person who makes the most cool banners. ;D I'll make a new page on the main website showing the banners and a credit+link to who made them. Could possibly do a similar thing in the future for advertising-style banners to use on personal webpages, other forums or myspace or whatever, I'll think about that later.

Any questions?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Are you going to rotate in my banner that Dr J made? I thought it looked pretty cool.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Are you going to rotate in my banner that Dr J made? I thought it looked pretty cool.

yeah, I need to remake it to fit the new site. you're right, it is a cool shot. :up:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I'll be out of town until Tuesday but I'll whip a few together and you can let me know what you think.

• oh, and something to keep in mind... use "Anti-Alias" for the text, to keep it from looking jagged/rough.

I've already gotten 2 banners, so far!

Jerry / Whatevah

• when you log out, you can't see any contact information, but my email address might be set to "hidden", I'll check it.

send them to web@delawareja.com

I've got about 9 of them now. :) a bunch from Keith, two from Ken, and a photo I can work on from Sean

Jerry / Whatevah

• I vote for the current one!! That sure is a cool looking TJ in the center. :innocent:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• current one? hehe it's completely random which one is shown, Sara. :D

here's the list of all the ones current loaded. http://www.delawareja.com/banners/

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!