Your opinions please? (Viking Fastback thread) (now with pics!)

• I can do one of two things --- somehow possibly find a new soft top frame for my jeep and keep the current khaki diamond color

OR

I go with this, and maybe some full soft doors ---

http://www.4x4rockshop.com/scr…dView.asp?idproduct=10748

They are farely popular out west...and its a frameless soft top. From what I'm hearing its almost quiter than the stock top.

I'm just not sure if it will be too black for my jeep??

The soft doors are based on the fact that I think the upper doors on them will work in my factory doors.

Your opinions please --

• i think i read a thread on these before that had something to do with scam.. ill have to look further

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• i think i read a thread on these before that had something to do with scam.. ill have to look further

California Tops made a similiar product and had terrible customer service.

From what I read on JU, for the most part all are happy with the Viking tops.

• California Tops made a similiar product and had terrible customer service.

From what I read on JU, for the most part all are happy with the Viking tops.

yep thats def what i remember.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• I know several people with the Viking top...they're all _very_ happy with it. Easy to put up/down and the windows fold up and in to convert it to a safari top. PM Elff (on ROF prob as he rarely checks here) for more info...

--Ian

• How well do these hold up? Since there is no tension, and the top must strech some. I would worry that it might loose its fit.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• How well do these hold up? Since there is no tension, and the top must strech some. I would worry that it might loose its fit.

Steve

Not a loose fit at all. I have the top on with no roll bar padding and its great. very tight. There are 2 threads on ROF and JU that talk about the top. It's great, I'm most defintley loving the thing. Best investment I've made. You have a lot better view of vision around you with this top.

Here is the only downside....It sometimes will do this on the corners. Once it gets heated up you can get it smooth. Because I don't have padding on mine it does this, and its not super tight.

Here's some more photos of other Jeeps.

• Chris, WickedYJ, on the board has one of those tops. I am not sure if it is the same brand though. Any ways we trailered his Jeep to RC with the back window rolled up and it tore the stiching across the top because the window does not come out like the factory one. This may be the only negative I see.

Aaron

• Chris, WickedYJ, on the board has one of those tops. I am not sure if it is the same brand though. Any ways we trailered his Jeep to RC with the back window rolled up and it tore the stiching across the top because the window does not come out like the factory one. This may be the only negative I see.

Aaron

Not trying to flame you Aaron, just posting this so everyone understands....I think your talking about a different brand of top, because there would be no way to keep it rolled on the top.

When in the down position the rear window is held by 2 straps, and velcro on the top. The zippers are on the side....

I wouldn't recommend rolling up this window on this top. I kind of don't see how its possible (but there is a way from everyting)
    The best way I see for this top is to lift it up and fold it under where the windows are supposed to go. Thats at least what Viking recommends. It's very hard to describe.....as you can see.

Here is a photo of where the rear window goes when folded up into the top.

Here would be the way this top goes from full top to safari top in a few minutes time.

• Well, it looks like te same top and maybe Chris did not sucure it properly, but the back window did rip free. I think you are right though there was no way to roll it up and his was flopping around.

• Here are some pictures I've taken with the rear window out and the doors off. I'm debating whether or not I want to replace the flares with black ones. These are the ones that came with a few select Jeeps in 2005...they aren't faded, just khaki diamond color.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!