Your opinions please? (Viking Fastback thread) (now with pics!)

• Before I post this I want to preface it with the fact that I've heard nothing but good things about Viking as a company or about its products....this is simply a pic posted by someone I know illustrating the problem that Chris was alluding to:

I expect that they'll take care of the customers affected without issue.

--Ian (if I had a cage that would work with one of their tops I'd likely get one as I've seen them in person and liked them alot)

• We are a Viking dealer, for both the winch lines and the tops, and they are absolutely great to work with. I had corresponded with Jon this morning. Apparently the company that they have doing the stitching had issues and they immediately stopped production until they are positive they have it corrected. They are stand-up people and I am sure they will make any repairs needed to fix the situation. I had a customer fray his winch line with an improper mount and they offered to re-do the hook if we sent it back--that is pretty solid service, if you ask me.

If you ever need anything from Viking please call us and support a local company that gives DEJA discounts. ;)

• This is the reply I got from Viking Off Road when I asked about a top for my YJ.

Hello Neil,

Yes we do have plans for a YJ top probably late this year. We’ll send you an email when they are ready.

Thanks,

Thór Jónsson

VIKING OFFROAD

ENGINEERING

http://www.vikingoffroad.com

http://www.winchline.com

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 2:20 AM
    To: contact@vikingoffroad.com
    Subject: Jeep YJ top

Are there any plans to make a Viking top to fit a YJ Jeep Wrangler? I would be interested in one for my 1992 Wrangler with full doors.

I will not hesitate to call Zach from A to Z when the tops are in production.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• the top I have is a california tops frameless. The back window does not function like the viking top. It rolls up just like the bestop, however there is no zipper at the top to remove the window, but as aaron said, it is removed now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!