DeJA's 2nd Annual Adopt-A-Beach Cleanup - Sat. Sept. 20, 2008

• This will coincide with the Coastal Cleanup, part of an international effort to clean up the world's coastlines and lakes.

More info can be found on DNREC's page as well as on-line registration.
    http://www.dnrec.delaware.gov/…leanup/Pages/default.aspx

More info as we get a little closer.

A rain date is scheduled for the 27th.

Edit: Fixed the date in the title.

• Sept. 20th is a Sunday.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Not if the next meeting is Sunday the 13th. 7 days later is the 20th.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Yeah, it's been one of those weeks.....

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The lady who was at the parking lot on the North Side of the inlet bridge who was supposedly running this was extremely disorganized but apparently it was not her fault, she was just the person they sent out there.
    I had pre-registered the 4 of us and she had no pre-registration info and shirts were in short supply.

• This is a great event.

I have been the site for Broadkill Beach and Beach Plum Island for many years.

We have both locations pretty much down to a science although for allot of years we had problems finding people to cleanup beach plum. It is a shame Shame as it is a designated public park and 24 hour surf fishing area. Surf fisherman, locals just would not participate.

So to that end, we use residents of Broadkill to clean up the from the Far north end to beach plum, then we use residents of the Sussex County Correctional facility to help with Beach Plum along with anyone else who wishes to join in

When you start you are supposed to get rubber gloves, bags, and a Tally sheet along with a complimentary Teeshirt.

Please try to preregister with DENREC or ask for the contact of a local site. That way you get the Teeshirt

PS DENREC is always looking for site captains for various areas. Also probably a good idea (to check) to be sure the area you wish to clean has a captain so you will have supplies.

Thanks for pitching in.

• For those you of you who preregister . The location you need is De Seashore N if you want to do the same area
    the club did last year .

I am preregistered .

• I'm in, the wife will be working the race but, the boys and I will be there. I also listed Delaware Jeep Association after my name on the registration.

• Last year we all met at the Parking Lot on the North Side of the Inlet Bridge, if you pre-registered you get T-shirts. Hopefully the weather holds out and after lunch we can all go back out on the surf and relax on a nice clean beach!! Last year it was so cold!!!!

• Just registered, should be out there with the Boys.

Would caravan down from Dover if anyone is interested.
    (now I gotta quit putting off getting a tag)

if weather permits, is anyone gonna go fishing, I'd like some surf fishing 101, I have been fresh water fishing for years, but never in the surf.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!