Jeep pictures....

• Everyone seems to like these HDR photos I took of my XJ last weekend:

Non HDR:

-Rick R<br />-Quadratec Online Community Coordinator<br />-&#039;15 JKU - &#039;98 &amp; &#039;01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams - &#039;03 VW Golf Turbo Diesel<br />FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers

Edited once, last by GhostDakota ().

• Everyone seems to like these HDR photos I took of my XJ last weekend:

most definitely. the upside-down one belongs here!

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• I'm thinking joo meant it to be something other then our club jeeps. I was thinking it would turn into another poser shot also.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• this actually 6 pictures with differant exposures then layered over each other. he was talking about it over on ROF

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

Edited once, last by NitroRubi ().

• this actually 6 pictures with differant exposures then layered over each other. he was talking about it over on ROF

It's called "HDR" as with my photos up above. For those who don't know how it works, HDR refers to High Dynamic Range. It basically allows you to photograph a subject as it truly appears, or BETTER in many cases.

The basic principal behind it... I use a Nikon D70s. It allows me to use "Bracket" shooting. I set my bracketed shots for 3 shots, each 2 stops different from the other. This basically creates three photos: -2, 0, and +2. You then use a program, Photomatix in my case, to merge them together. Once merged, it's still nothing special. You then need to use that program to "Tone Map" the new single image. This is what brings out the final product.

You can also use just one imagine, ONLY if it's a RAW image. This helps for you to take photos in diverse conditions (moving vehicle traffic, pedestrians, trees, whatever). You then use a RAW editing program to change the stops manually as with the 3 photo routine. You then save 3 versions of that original RAW. -2, 0, and 2 EV as before. Make sure the RAW editing program does NOT save file info, and if it does delete it. If this is not done, it will not work properly and will look like poop. At this point, you then go ahead and Tone Map as before, and you get a similarly good final product.

-Rick R<br />-Quadratec Online Community Coordinator<br />-&#039;15 JKU - &#039;98 &amp; &#039;01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Ams - &#039;03 VW Golf Turbo Diesel<br />FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers

• I envy this guy...

for more... http://www.myxj.net/g2/main.php

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!